Everton (H) | Post Match Thread

We have a fair few hard matches coming up. If there is one team that you would bet on to get results and nearly maximum points it's us. If you fannies want to cry carry on. I know this team will have it in them to be still be in the mix come February

Said this so many times… happy clappers will be calling you name soon. Ohh and 2-0 to Arsenal now. 7 points behind. League looking unlikely as Arsenal don’t look like dropping that many and we can’t play against packed defences at home.
So you can call them happy clappers but they can't call you a wet fanny?

What a disappointing end to the year. I was really looking forward to the game as well. Very poor performance from both City and Everton, the officiating was dreadful, Pep's aversion to using substitutions in a reasonable time to change the game was unfathomable. KDB had the worst game I have seen for a good while, he must have had a pass completion rate of less than 50% and I am not sure why Pep kept him on the pitch for the full game. The only bright spot was the performance of Lewis yet again.

I don't believe that we have done that at all. The side that won the league last season wasn't any stronger than this overall. You can talk about Ake and Akanji but the players they are replacing are injured (assuming you meant Dias and Laporte).

We just haven't yet found the right formation/tactics to get the best out of Haaland, whilst not losing out in other areas IMO. It will come (hopefully!).
Dias and Laporte injuries are a recent issue. Pep was fucking around at CB long before the World Cup. We might have no choice but to play Ake and Akanji now, but this wasn’t always the case. No other top team in world football rotates CBs the way we do and I am yet to see any benefit from it. Dias, Laporte and Stones have all regressed and Ake and Akanji are just meh. We apparently have all these top-class CBs yet look a million times worse at the back than we have for 5 years.

KDB produces 9/10 moments in largely 5/10 performances and gets away with murder. I watched from home today and he gave the ball away at least 10 times by the 75th minute (stopped counting). He constantly gets caught forward of the ball on turnovers and with him and Mahrez playing largely wide right, we are wide open when dispossessed. We are desperate for a captain who can organise as we become ever more ragged when we start chasing; neither KDB or Gundogan are it! Not having Walker's pace when we continue to do this Kamikaze defending is madness. I'm not sure I can even remember what Foden offers anymore and poor Alvarez must be wondering what he's come back to!

In short, it was utter garbage!

Pep might need to make a drastic tactical tweak to save the season. Can’t solely put the pressure on Haaland or Kevin. Not enough players contributing assists and goals.

Some players are in and out of the team too much. Looking at Foden in particular.

Subs early may have changed the game. No idea. A noticeable impasse has developed this season. Haalands goals are the only thing keeping us in contention to win.

I would like to see Foden and Alvarez starting to try and get them up to speed. Mahrez didn’t play bad but he offers very little. Bernie is also playing below par. Dias and Laporte out is not great however Ake has stepped up. Akanji is a mixed bag.

Anyway you get the idea. Tactical and individual player performance is not as good as previous seasons. Feel some are playing within themselves and hoping for Kev or Haaland to do the job.

Changes needed by Pep. He is the only person who can actually affect the team.

It will take something extra special to get us into contention. 10 game winning run is needed but looks along way off at the min.

Got a bottle of champagne cooling in the fridge. No word of a lie, it was part of a hamper that was given to me by my local town council for being old! All over 65s got one.
I'll drink it at midnight, with family, but Brighton… please give me a good reason for drinking it.
2 up at the half chum look like New Year’s Eve will have to be the reason. Happy new year and knock the love bites on the head for 23 ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.