Everton (H) | Post Match Thread

You can criticise Everton and the ref but I've seen walking football played quicker and with more intensity than we played for a lot of that game.

Plus why do we always fail to close down players around our box? Cracking goal by Gray but how the hell did he have so much time to pick his spot? We certainly didn't get the same consideration at the other end of the field.
Not only did he have time to pick his spot but he had time to fall over, get up and pick his spot without anyone anywhere near him, all in the penalty box. Very odd.

Reactions: PPT
Puts that 100 Million we spunked on Grealish in to perspective.

We didn't need him when we signed him.

He isn't what we need right now despite a rare decent 45 minutes the other night.

We could have solved a few problems with that money.

Many Blues said it at the time.
Exactly this and we're forced to see him play over Foden, Bernardo and Alvarez because of the huge amount of money wasted. It was clear to most on here that 100M was a luxury purchase for a player we didn't need and who never improved our starting 11. I'd have less problem with him playing deeper and more centrally as he has no end product to play in City front 3

Coupled with the fact KDB, Bernardo, Grealish & Mahrez were completely off the pace.

We allowed them to timewaste for 30 minutes by handing them a stupid goal with a shit pass and shit defending, they wouldn’t have been timewasting as much had we still been 1-0 up or indeed if we’d have created enough to be more than 1-0 up which we didn’t.
Stones had a brilliant header that hit the post. I agree Kev was not up to his usual self. Mahrez assist was superb.
Fine margins win games.

Not much different to most of the season. Seem far to keen to take the foot off the gas and coast in matches. Bit us in the arse today.

I am not sure if this is a leg saving tactic for the rest of the season, but it’s all a bit dull.
Too many average performances so far this season. Need to ramp it up quickly.

Not only did he have time to pick his spot but he had time to fall over, get up and pick his spot without anyone anywhere near him, all in the penalty box. Very odd.
It was a hideous goal to concede. Absolutely shite defending. It happens way too often with us. I hardly every watch an opposition goal and think wow that was great football. More often than not it’s piss weak defending and/or keeping. Akanji is not inspiring me with confidence. One shot, one goal. Awful.

We'll win the league. Not playing well with a few absolute stinkers today, but in terms of games actually played this is mud November in a normal season. We'll be fine

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.