Everton (H) | Post Match Thread

Very poor result to be honest and very strange we didn’t start with walker, cancelo, Foden today for energy and match fitness back with the team for a tough January
Probably Pep thought Lewis and Ake ansdGrealish be sufficient for struggling Everton at home. he thought probably resting Walker and Cancelo will help him to pick them for much tougher matches against Chelsea and then Rags

I heard a post match interview with Stones on gmr whilst travelling home. He seemed a bit shell shocked, he thought we created enough to win the match and we controlled the game. I can't say I agree with that at all. Have seen a Pep quote on City xtra saying we played 'really, really well'. Don't agree with that either. Doesn't bode well if neither see the problems with today's performance although I don't suppose they were ever going to come out and say it was pretty awful.
I predicted walking back to the car that Pep would say we played well and were unlucky, fuck knows what he watches.

3 times he went on 40 yrd runs shielding the ball and taking on players as he went.
Problem was, he was running away from their penalty area and back deep into our own half.
Thought he was going to go all the way and have a shot at Ederson on one of them
That is quite amusing but there’s something in it-the inverted winger tactic isn’t my preference-and all it does against a back 5 is narrow the play and kill the space.

We sold the pace in the team. I still think we can win the league but the next month or so will be tough.

Just about calmed down, so so disappointed about today’s garbage.

Game too far for young Rico, not his fault but he was far too conservative today.

Ake is a great defender but no use whatsoever in their half and consequently added to Rico not attacking its just not good enough to have 2 fullbacks who offer zero in the final third.

Kev was atrocious.

Bernie was ineffective.

Grealish and Mahrez just not good enough, once again Grealish did his masterclass in running at a fullback and then smashing it against his legs, meanwhile Mahrez can’t beat the fullback so consequently we had absolutely cock all out wide.

All in all, utter donkey spunk and all on Pep as he picked the side and tactics.

Wank.
Bob on about Lewis and Ake, fine in a comfortable win with a bit of basic defending to do.

Totally ineffective when we're struggling to get at the oppo and need to build from the back or try something different.

The sooner Walker, Dias, Laporte and Foden start more games and the likes of Ake, Akanji, Mahrez and Lewis come off the bench to see the game out the better.

Last edited:
That is quite amusing but there’s something in it-the inverted winger tactic isn’t my preference-and all it does against a back 5 is narrow the play and kill the space.

We sold the pace in the team. I still think we can win the league but the next month or so will be tough.
It will be tough but we've normally risen to the challenge of the better teams.
The drop off in intensity against the lesser teams is the thing that could cost us in the end

Mahrez set up the goal, did more than most, apart from haaland scoring from Mahrez pass what did he do? What did bernado do? I couldn't really pick 1 city player today and say yes they can hold there head up, so why pick Mahrez? And the games I have seen from Palmer I doubt he would have offered anyrjing better
I thought Rico Lewis played very well as did Ake.

I heard a post match interview with Stones on gmr whilst travelling home. He seemed a bit shell shocked, he thought we created enough to win the match and we controlled the game. I can't say I agree with that at all. Have seen a Pep quote on City xtra saying we played 'really, really well'. Don't agree with that either. Doesn't bode well if neither see the problems with today's performance although I don't suppose they were ever going to come out and say it was pretty awful.
Well they are right in a sense. The xG was something like 2.0 - 0.06. So we did control the game, nothing he said will have been incorrect. I just wish we were more entertaining. Our football is mind-numbingly boring. Pep has gone from being synonymous with beautiful, attractive football to producing kind of stale, slow, overly-cautious football with little to no risk ever being taken. It’s boring.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.