Everton (H) | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of them played on Tuesday which was the most tiring game of the season. Most have played 40 - 50 matches including internationals. The likely starting 11 is fairly settled, plenty of games played together. After such a condensed season I don’t see how an 11 day break between matches can be anything other than beneficial

Had a look at how Pep approached it with Barca and he rested a lot of players up to the game so expect him to do what most blues want and rest up where he can. Trusts in the usual players performing as required for the big game and making the most of increased energy levels over Chelsea. He knows best and I hope whatever he does works!

Had a look at how Pep approached it with Barca and he rested a lot of players up to the game so expect him to do what most blues want and rest up where he can. Trusts in the usual players performing as required for the big game and making the most of increased energy levels over Chelsea. He knows best and I hope whatever he does works!
Must admit I expected Pep to play the fringe players at Brighton and give the CL starters a run out against Everton. But having played a very strong team in midweek in a game which, because of the red card, turned into one of the most tiring of the season, it doesn’t really make sense to play them again at the weekend.

Reuben Dias has played 61 games this season, for City, Portugal and Benfica. He also played 9 games in the summer when football re-started. It will be 5 days between the Brighton and Everton matches which would normally be adequate recovery time, but after such a tough midweek match at the end of a gruelling season the chances of muscle injuries must be relatively high.

If we play a strong team on Sunday it will mean that Monday and probably Tuesday will be about rest and recovery. If we give the CL starters the weekend off we dont have that constraint, can prepare for Chelsea as the coaches would like.

I also think that Chelsea will be buggered because they’ve had such a tough end to the season, physically and mentally. We ought to try to capitalise on that advantage

Must admit I expected Pep to play the fringe players at Brighton and give the CL starters a run out against Everton. But having played a very strong team in midweek in a game which, because of the red card, turned into one of the most tiring of the season, it doesn’t really make sense to play them again at the weekend.

Reuben Dias has played 61 games this season, for City, Portugal and Benfica. He also played 9 games in the summer when football re-started. It will be 5 days between the Brighton and Everton matches which would normally be adequate recovery time, but after such a tough midweek match at the end of a gruelling season the chances of muscle injuries must be relatively high.

If we play a strong team on Sunday it will mean that Monday and probably Tuesday will be about rest and recovery. If we give the CL starters the weekend off we dont have that constraint, can prepare for Chelsea as the coaches would like.

I also think that Chelsea will be buggered because they’ve had such a tough end to the season, physically and mentally. We ought to try to capitalise on that advantage
Fully agree nothing to be gained from risking players at this stage get straight down to preparing mentally and tactically for the final first thing Monday. In various ways we have been switched off since the PSG home leg and playing the first 11 on Sunday in another match that doesn't matter will yield little benefit. Chelsea go into the final battle hardened but hopefully a bit fatigued and we go in lacking a bit of sharpness perhaps but with more in the tank. Not particularly ideal but let's take whatever advantage there is in it for us.

Would be nice to finish the season on a high and give Sergio a fitting farewell but the main concern is the fitness of the players for one of the biggest games in the clubs history , i would risk ,Walker , Laporte , Zinchenko , Bernardo , Sterling and Rodri from the possible starting eleven for the final , because we do have decent replacements. But the likes of Dias,Stones,Gundo,KDB,Foden,Ederson,Mahrez,Dinho will be vital in the cup final and are virtually irreplaceable , these eight players will be the nucleus of the team that could win the Champs league.

Steffen
Walker , Ake, Laporte , Mendy
Sterling , Rodri , Doyle , Bernardo , Torres
Aguero

Would be nice to finish the season on a high and give Sergio a fitting farewell but the main concern is the fitness of the players for one of the biggest games in the clubs history , i would risk ,Walker , Laporte , Zinchenko , Bernardo , Sterling and Rodri from the possible starting eleven for the final , because we do have decent replacements. But the likes of Dias,Stones,Gundo,KDB,Foden,Ederson,Mahrez,Dinho will be vital in the cup final and are virtually irreplaceable , these eight players will be the nucleus of the team that could win the Champs league.

Steffen
Walker , Ake, Laporte , Mendy
Sterling , Rodri , Doyle , Bernardo , Torres
Aguero
bernie and zinchy will be crucial as well

The lineup should be :

Ederson
Zinchenko Dias Stones Walker
KDB Rodri Bernardo
Foden Agüero Mahrez

Bring on Gündo for KDB
Bring on Fern for Rodri
Bring on Torres for Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.