Everton hypocrisy - the ’Mersey Millionaires’

WeHateLiverpool said:
City fans you may enjoy the now bit you're relying on someone who is not a City fan to help you. You could just be one big game of Fifa 11 to him and it may not be now but in say 10 years if he's bored your club is finished. It would simply not sustain the wages. Sleep with that thought that it could all go tits up at any minute :)

bless you , worried about us :)

WeHateLiverpool said:
City fans you may enjoy the now bit you're relying on someone who is not a City fan to help you. You could just be one big game of Fifa 11 to him and it may not be now but in say 10 years if he's bored your club is finished. It would simply not sustain the wages. Sleep with that thought that it could all go tits up at any minute :)

In ten years time the investments in and around the ground will be bearing fruit as (hopefully) the investments on the pitch will have done in terms of silverware.
Our owners are already fans, if you were to see the I/V with the Chairman or the letter from Mansoor you may appreciate this a little better, but in ten years time after a period of sustained success they will be cockahoop with City, as it will have justified their business acumen and their desires as football fans. They have no intention of failing as this would undermine their reputation and standing, moreover, they have the resources and expertise to ensure they don't. Should they wish to divest themselves of the club after this, the club will be in a marvellous state of health and they will have left a legacy they can be proud of.
I will be sleeping with the thought that being a City fan is like having a big, fluffy, feathery fourposter (though sometimes a pea may get under the mattress and irritate) and being an Everton fan is having a cardboard box.

Pleasant dreams Sweetpea :)

I am absolutely sick of this sh**
Do you actually believe that Sheikh Mansour would throw money around for the sake, He's got a country and government to account for and the sheikh is planning ahead to create one of the biggest football clubs in the world in Manchester City. Abu Dhabi Investment is already taking an interest in developing the area around eastlands. He's not some stupid boy with a platinum credit card, he is responsible to Abu Dhabi Investments and the profitablity of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and the United Arab Emirates. Do you evertonians think he just bought the club on a whim, no they had financial experts studying this investment and estimating profitability for years ahead,
One right step was that city is building a real english club with a lot of players in the National squad, they're aiming to increase the fan base locally and then expand internationally once more trophies are at CoMS. Mark my words, Sheikh Mansour has plans for Manchester City and to think he's just some clueless rich spoiled rich kid on a spending binge is absolute nonsense.

Q8-Blue said:
Do you evertonians think he just bought the club on a whim, no they had financial experts studying this investment and estimating profitability for years ahead...
Mark my words, Sheikh Mansour has plans for Manchester City and to think he's just some clueless rich spoiled rich kid on a spending binge is absolute nonsense.

This also pisses me off - the Sheikh & his advisor's have made this move after studying the market place - not just here but throughout Europe. A lot of the major players are financially fucked...United, Liverpool, Barcelona, all the Italian clubs. Arsenal had just built a new stadium which needed financing, Chelsea may be a different situation but Abramovich was looking for a return on his investment & wouldn't be prepared to keep investing to previous levels. Real Madrid can't be propped up by their Government forever. German clubs are coming to the fore in Europe recently due to them being a little more fiscally prudent - which also means that they wouldn't spend to match any new players in the market place. The only other competition may have come from the Russian league (which is riddled with the Russian mafia & is one of the most corrupt in Europe). The competition were financially shooting themselves in the foot & were leaving a massive opening...

Unfortunately for Everton - they are small time & didn't even come into the equation.

changing the subject slightly- woys boys are not doing vewy well at all.....so you can laugh at the demise of both merseyside clubs..its only football

Theres nothing untrue about anything I've said is there. The way City have behaved is totally different and the fact most of your new fans cannot even understand why fans of Aston Villa and Everton would be slightly pissed off with you." Adebayor despite his impressive goal tally was booed by Arsenal fans for perceived lack of effort". "I don't really have the motivation to play in England anymore as I have no feeling towards the country due to the absence of my family". The fact is most people, even me as an Everton fan respect the great sides Liverpool had in the 70s and 80s as they do ours, I had respect for the West Brom and Villa sides that had class. Manchester United were built on bringing players like Giggs, Scholes, and Beckham through the ranks which then in turn led them to become 1 of the biggest clubs in the world. It wasn't just an Arab or Russian buying the club the buying every player under the sun. I don't think I've known a side that are more hated now than Manchester City. I don't make any assertions to suggest that Everton player's love the club and wouldn't leave if a big club like Barcelona, United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Real Madrid came for them. You're talking about 2 totally different time periods anyway players like Peter Reid and Andy Gray didn't move for the money both of them were see to be going backwards in their career yet thet became excellent footballers. Few people ever have much respect for clubs that are just based on money the likes of Inter Milan, Real Madrid, City, Lyon and Blackburn previously. Most of my mates are either United or City and they wind each other none stop and the fact is both of them accept before a certain point 90s for United, 2008 for City both clubs were hardly massive. I've got a lot of time for proper City fans who are honest, bu it does piss me off they way City fans continue to spout abuse about Everton on their forums for little or no reasonwhen there's no rivalry.

Maybe some of the City fans are doing it in response to the vitriolic abuse Moyes gave us and his inflamatory remarks in the programme resulting in the most violent atmosphere at Goodison for years when we played their.
Moyes and Everton fans should have made a more hostile attack when a real home grown superstar was snatched from them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.