Everton hypocrisy - the ’Mersey Millionaires’

felixbg said:
WeHateLiverpool said:
Prime example of why your club is hated you annoying arrogant prick. A few years ago sneaking a Uefa Cup place you'd all be bouncing off the Walls infact you only qualified via a league place for Europe LAST season. Now you think you can laugh at others because they never hit the money. Tosser.

images

it's what i do.

<3

Damocles said:
Cheesy said:

You'll be getting dropped from the Mod Olympics team now :(

To be fair though, that means that I'm a dead cert for the "splitting off topic threads into a different thread" category.

You're the only one who knows how to do that without fucking the threads up anyway :-D

Dropped by Ric too :-( I suspect he'll be going to the press soon with the news. I wonder if he'll bother telling me.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
why does where you are from dictate how big a fan you are? The Sheikh has affection and emotional attachment to the club otherwise he wouldn't have invested, he wouldn't have wasted his time. He saw it as a great opportunity, and he is passionate about business and finance, so City is a passion to him, as it is part of him now and his family. He enjoys football and he wants us to succeed more than anybody, because it's his money and his reputation he's put on the line with this investment. He, for himself and his family's reputation, cannot allow this to be a failed investment, and it won't be. They are proud people and royalty, and they have a passion to be the best. With the investment in City, this makes Mansour a massive City supporter, because he wants us to succeed now more than anybody.

Other countries aren't as lucky to have developed football systems as us, so I see no problem in them supporting our club, we're here, it can't be helped that there's very little in their own countries, I don't see a problem in foreign fans, where they were born and live doesn't make them any worse than someone born 300 yards from COMS.

Excellent post, the fact is football is a global sport and the English premier league is the best in the world, long term profitability in big clubs comes from international market value and fans in buying merchandise and possibly even visiting the area to catch a game or two.

I have to agree with the general point of this thread. Liverpool since the days of Shankly and Everton have both been backed by big money when compared to other clubs. The Moores family backed BOTH clubs at one time or another.

Look at Liverpool. Their history before Shanks was one of SIX trophies in EIGHTY years! When Shanks came along he was given money immediately - doubling Liverpool's then record transfer to sign Ian St. John for starters. The fact of the matter is that money has always shaped football. There will always be times when certain clubs have more money than other clubs...this is what creates the cycles and eras of success for each club. Would Liverpool have won so much in the 70's and 80's, for example, if the likes of Villa hadn't been hamstrung by the miserly likes of Doug Ellis? (He got them relegated FIVE years after they being European champions, remember.) If Villa had people like the Moores behind them might history have been different?

Go back to the late 1920's and you will find Arsenal were taken over by one of the wealthiest families in the UK. Up to this point in time Arsenal were non-entities. Small-fry. Nobodies. With their new wealth they bought themselves into the top flight and simply paid off Hudderfield Town (then the top side in England) for their manager and best players resulting in Arsenal becoming the top side of the 1930's... The fact of the matter is that Arsenal are a club totally and utterly founded upon "bought" success - basically they bought the Huddersfield Town "franchise" and moved it down south.

It is rank hypocrisy from Everton fans and Liverpool fans to complain when their teams are suffering. Scousers seem to think that their football experiences are somehow different to everyone elses. They seem to think that other clubs' successes are unworthy and not as genuine as their own...it's right up their with Geordie delusion.

How I hope Liverpool get relegated. Of course, Liverpool fans will feel their club is somehow above such things. Let's remember that before Shanks and the money they were a second division club and as mediocre as they come. A return to the division where they came from before money arrived would be a fitting end to their cycle of bought success. It's kind of ironic: now that they are saddled with owners with no money their success has run out. Surely they can see the link?

McGregor1874 said:
I have to agree with the general point of this thread. Liverpool since the days of Shankly and Everton have both been backed by big money when compared to other clubs. The Moores family backed BOTH clubs at one time or another.

Look at Liverpool. Their history before Shanks was one of SIX trophies in EIGHTY years! When Shanks came along he was given money immediately - doubling Liverpool's then record transfer to sign Ian St. John for starters. The fact of the matter is that money has always shaped football. There will always be times when certain clubs have more money than other clubs...this is what creates the cycles and eras of success for each club. Would Liverpool have won so much in the 70's and 80's, for example, if the likes of Villa hadn't been hamstrung by the miserly likes of Doug Ellis? (He got them relegated FIVE years after they being European champions, remember.) If Villa had people like the Moores behind them might history have been different?

Go back to the late 1920's and you will find Arsenal were taken over by one of the wealthiest families in the UK. Up to this point in time Arsenal were non-entities. Small-fry. Nobodies. With their new wealth they bought themselves into the top flight and simply paid off Hudderfield Town (then the top side in England) for their manager and best players resulting in Arsenal becoming the top side of the 1930's... The fact of the matter is that Arsenal are a club totally and utterly founded upon "bought" success - basically they bought the Huddersfield Town "franchise" and moved it down south.

It is rank hypocrisy from Everton fans and Liverpool fans to complain when their teams are suffering. Scousers seem to think that their football experiences are somehow different to everyone elses. They seem to think that other clubs' successes are unworthy and not as genuine as their own...it's right up their with Geordie delusion.

How I hope Liverpool get relegated. Of course, Liverpool fans will feel their club is somehow above such things. Let's remember that before Shanks and the money they were a second division club and as mediocre as they come. A return to the division where they came from before money arrived would be a fitting end to their cycle of bought success. It's kind of ironic: now that they are saddled with owners with no money their success has run out. Surely they can see the link?

Fabulous post.

The supporters of some of these clubs don't appear to know their own history.

I hate Liverpool probably much more than the next person, but to be fair at the turn of the century they were winning things as well.

Liverpool are a bastard club and I hope they go out of business. However, denying their heritage pre-War is as bad as them denying our heritage.

Damocles said:
I hate Liverpool probably much more than the next person, but to be fair at the turn of the century they were winning things as well.

Liverpool are a bastard club and I hope they go out of business. However, denying their heritage pre-War is as bad as them denying our heritage.

No-one denies it but then they bacame shit and it took new ownership, bags of cash and a large investment in quality players to buy them their subsequent success.

McGregor1874 said:

wow !!...top post especially the last sentence...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.