Everton Post Match Thread

To be fair, a lot of people in the pre-match thread were saying Clichy should start to nullify Deloufeu's pace. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Not many people were predicting that Everton would sit back as much as they did.
I've packed in posting my pre-match predictions because I used to get hounded. I was saying pre-match that Kolarov should start for my exact reasoning. The moment we knew Coleman would be out then it was imperative that Kolarov played vs Everton and Clichy vs Bolasie/Zaha/Sako/whoever they turn out.

The responsibility will always end with the manager but we performed last night did we not?

That second half was well on the way to what we are capable of and for a bit of luck in front of goal, a keeper not having his best game of the season against us and a bent ref, we pick up the points.

We are 3 points behind, 3, not 10. Thats just 1 win! Going off that i guess its fair to say if you think we are consistently not performing then nobody in this league is.

Come the end of the season and thats all that matters, we will have won the league again. Bookmark this post ;-)
I really do hope we win it mate. It's just infuriating me watching some of the performances and decisions made. I really do hope we snatch it out of Arsenal who appear to be crowned champions already however I also hope we start to allow Sterling to play like the boy we bought from Liverpool. We have so many fantastic players at our disposal that it is criminal that we find ourselves passing sideways and slowing our attacks down.

I've made it clear that I don't like Bony and the reason behind that is that he doesn't suit our style of play. He can hold the ball up well at times however we don't need that, our best attacking football has always come from when we hit teams with pace in combination with an air of fluidity and unpredictability which leaves the defenders second guessing one another.

I've said it before however we need Aguero leading the line with Sterling and Iheanacho just behind, feeding off the play and making the runs in behind when possible. We should then utilise one of Silva or KDB to pull the strings and lay the ball to the trio. The midfield would be a duo so would of course be an area which needs strengthening. For the remainder of the season I would perhaps play Delph and Fernandinho simply to have that tenacity in the centre of the park. Regardless of what Delph offers going forward he has that desire and stamina to close down a lot of ground. A combination of him and Fernandinho wouldn't leave much space for the opposition to play in the middle.

At fullback it should switch depending on who we're playing. If we're playing pacey wingers such as the threat that Palace will bring on Saturday then I would opt for Sagna and Clichy, however if we're facing a team like last night who we know will sit back that bit more and try and launch it up to a centre forward, then we should play Zabaleta and Kolarov who can aid the attacks with additional width and overlapping play.

The 6-1 at Old Trafford was a game where that sort overlapping play worked wonders.

I just don't think we're playing to our strengths and that's what is annoying me. We have one of the worlds best strikers, get him in behind. We have one of England's best wonderkids of recent years who thrives when he's running at defenders and yet we seem happy to tell to hold the play up and pass it sideways. Iheanacho is so much more than a striker which is why he would truly compliment that attack of Sterling and Kun. Look at the pre-season link up play where he was feeding players for run whilst making his own runs into the box.

The annoying thing is mate, it's changes that we all know Pep would make. We could be so much better than we are.

You can lol as much as you like.

Many, yourself included predicted doom and gloom and yet again got proved wrong.

Yaya and Fernando played well so now its shift the goal posts and claim its only because Everton sat back or where shit.

You cant have it both ways fella.

I posted before the game that EFC would let us play and we would let them play. The style of play is similar - go looking for goals. The team with a more clinical striker would win. I thought when I saw Yaya and Fernando in the middle that we would be having a torrid time but events proved me wrong. We weren't overrun, our back four stayed solid, and we had the better of a closely fought game. Have I mention the w****er with the whistle?

You can lol as much as you like.

Many, yourself included predicted doom and gloom and yet again got proved wrong.

Yaya and Fernando played well so now its shift the goal posts and claim its only because Everton sat back or where shit.

You cant have it both ways fella.
Who predicted doom and gloom? You won't find any posts from me before the game saying we were getting beat or complaining about team selection. The only moan I had was being stuck in traffic for three hours and missng the first 10 minutes.
The only way I have it is what actually transpires - not some guesswork that had everton come at us we'd have murdered them. The facts are Everton did sit back allowing us to go at them. The facts are when they did bother to come forward the midfield two were passed quite easily.
There's no shifting of goalposts - jus an honest appraisal of what I saw on the night.

I've packed in posting my pre-match predictions because I used to get hounded. I was saying pre-match that Kolarov should start for my exact reasoning. The moment we knew Coleman would be out then it was imperative that Kolarov played vs Everton and Clichy vs Bolasie/Zaha/Sako/whoever they turn out.

I really do hope we win it mate. It's just infuriating me watching some of the performances and decisions made. I really do hope we snatch it out of Arsenal who appear to be crowned champions already however I also hope we start to allow Sterling to play like the boy we bought from Liverpool. We have so many fantastic players at our disposal that it is criminal that we find ourselves passing sideways and slowing our attacks down.

I've made it clear that I don't like Bony and the reason behind that is that he doesn't suit our style of play. He can hold the ball up well at times however we don't need that, our best attacking football has always come from when we hit teams with pace in combination with an air of fluidity and unpredictability which leaves the defenders second guessing one another.

I've said it before however we need Aguero leading the line with Sterling and Iheanacho just behind, feeding off the play and making the runs in behind when possible. We should then utilise one of Silva or KDB to pull the strings and lay the ball to the trio. The midfield would be a duo so would of course be an area which needs strengthening. For the remainder of the season I would perhaps play Delph and Fernandinho simply to have that tenacity in the centre of the park. Regardless of what Delph offers going forward he has that desire and stamina to close down a lot of ground. A combination of him and Fernandinho wouldn't leave much space for the opposition to play in the middle.

At fullback it should switch depending on who we're playing. If we're playing pacey wingers such as the threat that Palace will bring on Saturday then I would opt for Sagna and Clichy, however if we're facing a team like last night who we know will sit back that bit more and try and launch it up to a centre forward, then we should play Zabaleta and Kolarov who can aid the attacks with additional width and overlapping play.

The 6-1 at Old Trafford was a game where that sort overlapping play worked wonders.

I just don't think we're playing to our strengths and that's what is annoying me. We have one of the worlds best strikers, get him in behind. We have one of England's best wonderkids of recent years who thrives when he's running at defenders and yet we seem happy to tell to hold the play up and pass it sideways. Iheanacho is so much more than a striker which is why he would truly compliment that attack of Sterling and Kun. Look at the pre-season link up play where he was feeding players for run whilst making his own runs into the box.

The annoying thing is mate, it's changes that we all know Pep would make. We could be so much better than we are.

absolutely,

getting a draw against mid table everton at home when we are going for the title is nothing to celebrate.

Yaya and Fernando did ok 2nd half when that imcompetent buffoon decided to move Sterling out wide and put De Bruyne in behind Aguero before that we were hopelessly outnumbered in the middle of the park by Everton's 3 plus Osman, who was obviously going to drift inside as any person who's ever watched Everton play knew!

Unfortunate not to get the win in the end that on the balance of the whole game we possibly deserved but I dont begrudge Everton going away happy with, what they will be thinking, a deserved point.

On a seperate note how he didnt bring Kolarov on for Clichy in that second half is totally beyond me, we were crying out for someone who 'can' deliver from out wide yet he leaves Clichy out there either passing to their first man or wildly over hitting his cross!!!!

absolutely,

getting a draw against mid table everton at home when we are going for the title is nothing to celebrate.

Who is celebrating?

Im certainly not but im equally not sat here slitting my wrists either.

We are in prime position to win the league again and no amount of doom and gloom changes that fact.

Whether we do or not is to be seen but right now, we are in a very good position.

Who is celebrating?

Im certainly not but im equally not sat here slitting my wrists either.

We are in prime position to win the league again and no amount of doom and gloom changes that fact.

Whether we do or not is to be seen but right now, we are in a very good position.
I don't think many are slitting their wrists. Some of us thought that we could have done more to win it. The game was certainly there to be won. Each dropped point at this stage is crucial and whilst we're very much still in it as you rightly say, there's the very real feeling that we could throw it away through our own incompetence as opposed to rivals being great. That's the sickener for me.

as a city sympathizer but not die hard fan, i rather objectively feel it's gonna go arsenal's way now. can't see them screw up like they usually do. and god knows how i dislike those tarquins.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.