Everton Post Match Thread

I've always understood a 'sitter' to be one that falls to a striker inside the goal area with either an open goal gaping or just the goalkeeper to beat. I don't recall that opportunity.
Terminology aside, that opportunity one on one with Howard inside the 6 yard box is one that the old Sergio never would have missed.
Don't get me wrong, I don't blame him. It's just a fact that he's still to return to best form.

I just think the ref saw that Stirling was going nowhere,stones tried to pull out and Stirling played for a penalty.we shouldn't have to resort to desperate acts like that to gain a victory.We should be able to break teams down and win fair and square.I'm glad the ref called it right and i understand people's frustrations at dropping 2pts.

sterling's desperate act was to make the new bobby moore look like a pub defender , he would have kept the ball in play if bobby moore-stones didnt go right through the back of him , as previously stated , it does not matter if a player is going nowhere , that is not the basis of penalty decision . As for the frustration you are way off the mark , i thought the team were superb in the 2nd half and showed enough to prove , we will take the title race right to the wire , and on another day we beat the bluedippers 3-0 or 4-0 , i think Palace will cop it on Saturday. At first i thought you were playing devils advocate , but now i know better.

Not read the thread but all I'm glad of/baffled by is how we are still totally in this title race in spite of injuries, ref's incompetence and a huge number of inept performances.
Once we get going we'll walk it!
I keep hearing this but see very little evidence we'll get going.
And we know we'll never get refs with decent guide dogs. Everton lady who sees most games home and away reckoned it was a nailed on pen (though she did moan about some soft ones we've had against them) and a Blue Dipper at work said all the Everton fans around him were giving Stones loads of grief for diving in until they realised it was a goal kick. They could see it from 150 yards away but that deaf, dumb and blind **** couldn't see it even though he was well positioned.

A decision so appalling that, for the first time, I am seriously concerned as to the lack of integrity in the game because, let's be honest, no-one could be that incompetent as to make that decision and still be in the job.

Not read the thread but all I'm glad of/baffled by is how we are still totally in this title race in spite of injuries, ref's incompetence and a huge number of inept performances.
Once we get going we'll walk it!

Just that we are not seeming to be 'getting going' or 'going on this run' that we heard of weeks ago. Very poor last night and just hope we can get a spark from somewhere. Atmosphere was flat and the players just seemed to be going through the motions. Obviously the penalty decision was a shocker but it does not disguise the poor performance. Personally think our season could turn on the Everton game. Win that and I think that could put some belief back in us for the rest of the season. And of course the three points will be welcome as well :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.