Everton - Post match thread.

We did well with ten men. I think just before their goal we were starting to turn the screw but conceding when we did altered things. The piss take of a decision to send Walker off didn't help.

However, missing chances is a massive problem. Its so bad, I'm surprised when Aguero actually puts a chance away. That sounds insane given his goal tally as a City player, but game after game he keeps mis kicking sitters or slipping at the vital moment, or taking too many touches when he should shoot. It's happening too often for it to be bad luck.

We could live with it and still win the league if he had regular goal scorers around him other than Jesus (who scores goals but misses chances as well), but we don't.

Sure plenty will disagree, but winning while being sentimental is quite difficult. I think we need to do everything we can to bring Sanchez in and if that means this is Kuns last season, we might end up being a more clinical and ultimately slightly better team for it. The line between winning and losing is too fine to continue persevering with a problem which is showing no sign of fixing itself.

lot of big blues around but reality is the goal and effort are papering the fact barely anything changed from last season. 2 points lost. With help of the referee but if we score the goals we'd be up before walker was sent off.
Lot of big blues and then the odd mard arse who's never gotten over Dzeko getting fucked off.

At half time I was slipping in to calling Pep - but you can see (bent decisions aside) that we will batter someone soon and hopefully go on a decent run. Feels like points lost but we dug in and got the equaliser with 10 men against a good side, so not all doom and gloom.

For fucks sake, sterling danilo and bernardo MUST start from now on. Pep got it terribly wrong with Sane at LWB.

GRAHAM POLL: Decision to send off Kyle Walker is a mystery

cartoon-mystery-machine.jpg

We
weve just bought one of the most sought after left backs in word football we'll be reet once hes match fit
We need Mendy NOW!

Danilo was unimpressive at Brighton & Sane was much the same. Sane is a winger & playing him as a wing back takes away from his natural game. Pep will learn. I think at this moment he's trying to keep 2 forwards happy by playing with 3 at the back.

With the players we have available, even a 4411 would have been better. We CANNOT play with just one player covering the left. Did you notice how Kompany & Otamendi were swapped midway throught the 1st half?

Hopefully Pep has learned a valuable lesson tonight.

IMO moving to a 3 back was a mistake. Too many new parts to gel with a new formation. Of course we are still waiting for Mendy to fill the hole on the left, still. Its game 2, no need to panic I hope.

Hilarious watching Pep at the end of the game. Vigourously shake hands with both linesman and studiously ignored the ref. Quite right too. He was shocking. Usual case of we should have been out of sight before the opposition scored. But a tremendous spirited fight back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.