Everton - Post match thread.

We can just pay direct passes at pace against team who sit deep. There has to be a situation that allows pace to be used. The only criticism you could level would be that we could press less and let teams come on to us, but that would be a tactic that would have a very short shelf life.

Our counter attacking and pace will be on display in games where the opposition is ambitious.

I never said we counter attack, obviously you can't do that if other team is not attacking. But play more direct and with more, shit can't find the english word, intense? yes. What's wrong with the way we played last half an hour today? As many pointed earlier, when we play like that teams we play against suffer, it's hard to keep with it. I know it's hard to play with same rhythm for 90 minutes but I'm kinda more for have 2-0 in first 30 minutes, then get tired, than wait for opposition to tire then try to score. At 0-0 shit can happen and then you're catching up whole game and ultimately spending more energy.

Cannot believe people are slagging kevin off. Was 10 times better than david, but woe betide anyone who criticises him. Silva has been poor for 2 games now. The playmakers are integral to this system and if they play well, we win. Bernardo in for david and sterling for sane next week please pep. Yaya in midfield, dinho at left back and danilo at right back.

Again not clinical enough in front of goal.

We will see in the next few games whether we are better defensively than last season which is critical if we are to improve on last years effort.

More often than not the title is won by the side that make the least mistakes at the back.

Early days of course but interestingly the sides on 6 points are yet to concede a goal between them.

I don't think the refs are bent - just crap. Still, bent ref or no, we should be putting this dross (Everton) to the sword.
Yes you can say they aren't bent but there comes a time when you realize that you are at the receiving end of most of their poor decisions. At that point, you'll have to revisit the question of whether they are bent or crap.

I didn't think we were excellent in the 2nd half.

I thought we were awful for 94 minutes. Everton were dreadful and allowed us to dominate possession even with 10 men. But having possession does not equal "excellent".

We looked slow, disjointed with many passes going astray and players not on the same wavelength, our build up play was laboured and when chances came we fluffed all but one of them, which in itself could have gone into row z on another day.

Not the end of the world as game 2, but how anyone can say that was excellent, is beyond me.
How anybody can say we were awful is beyond me. Football eh. Go figure.

Well Bob Madley clearly wants to be front page on The Sun newspaper. Sane was also terrible offensively, he did nothing to get past his man.

Unpopular opinion, but we need to replace D. Silva with B. Silva

Koeman did his home work. Every goalkick was targeting Sane and they doubled up on him going forward.

It's not like Pep didn't know he switched Kompany to help cover. Too little too late.

Ref was bad but so was Pep. Wrong formation and team.

Keep playing Sane at wing back and he'll ruin one of the best prospects in world football.

Needs to man up and acknowledge his fuck up.
this all day long, everton targeted him from the off,really poor by pep to leave him there for so long when it was obvious he was struggling, hes an out and out attacker for fucks sake, not a wing back! youd have thought he would have learned by now that you cant play players out of position in this league but hes obviously not the stubborn fucker

To all the pricks in the match day thread slagging us when we were playing with 10 men . FUCK OFF and support the rags.
Fully concur with this. There were a few new names out tonight, slagging us off. Support your team, or go elsewhere!

On the game, I thought Pickford’s distribution was woeful. I can see why we went for Ederson over him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.