Everton - Post match thread.

As bad a decision it was to send off Walker, I actually think we'd have lost if it hadn't happened. It made Everton come at us more and created space to attack them.
Anyway we have to work on the finishing still oh and throw ins! And please no more 3 at the back

I find it odd that we only have 2 out and out strikers and three first-choice centre-backs in the squad, and yet we're playing a formation that requires all of them to be on the pitch at the same time. So no rotation, and the minute one gets injured/suspended, we're f**ked. Very odd.

Totally agree. I thought the idea behind increasing squad depth and quality was to enable rotation.... very strange decision by Pep. I've always been a big believer in round pegs in round holes. If that means youbdont start with Jesus or Aguero then so be it. Keep their legs fresh and rotate.

Missed too many chances again, also, they seemed more desperate to stop us scoring than we were to score. With the lad who got KW sent off, what's the situation regarding retrospective action for deceiving the ref'?

Last edited:
Harsh that
They both put a right shift in especially Sergio. Just missed that bit of luck/quality on the night.
How many times have they been given the last rites on this forum.
You see I understand that Aguero is no longer as deadly as he once was but he never stops to try and yes he still our go to man and still remains our number one striker. Jesus on the other hand will have to earn his place in the squad, going forward. Im not sure about the Jesus Aguero combo right now even though there's room for improvement. A Negredo type player would take off some burden from Aguero and release him to be the beast that he is. Maybe the closest to this type of player that i can think of on the market now is Aubaumeyang. Many a times he tries too much to get past a couple or even three or four and gets dispossessed. These are times he tries to work his magic instead of passing to death (so I wouldn't blame him for taking the initiative).

Just astonishes me that anyone would think that Sane could play wing back. Then again he thought Navas could play full back.

It'll be much of the same this season. Pep likes to be contrary. It was genius at Barca and Bayern but a defining season lies ahead.

Very frustrated and disappointed, had the chances to be home and dry. Very frustrating to watch the 5 at the back when it was clearly not working. Never play Sane as LwB again!

Bernardo looked great, need to start him at the weekend. Go to a 4231, Bernardo - Silva - Sterling with De Bruyne and Fernandinho behind. Aguero up top so he can find his shooting boots.

First home game of the season and fucked over by the twat ref who was an absolute disgrace. That aside the same pattern as last season controlled the game but can't finish! Sterling and Danilo were excellent as was Bernardo for time he was on. Massive amounts of money spent yet we had Sane as a wing back who was completey lost in the first half. Well done to the lads second half to get the goal, even thought we might nick it at the end.

Just arrived home so not read through all posts yet!
IMO Poor first half, Sane is NOT a Wing Back so time to rethink.
Thought Otamendi was MOTM by a long way.
Time to pay up for Sanchez because Jesus isn't going to deliver the goals we need.
Shit ref and assistants .
CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.