Everton - Post match thread.

I didn't think we were excellent in the 2nd half.

I thought we were awful for 94 minutes. Everton were dreadful and allowed us to dominate possession even with 10 men. But having possession does not equal "excellent".

We looked slow, disjointed with many passes going astray and players not on the same wavelength, our build up play was laboured and when chances came we fluffed all but one of them, which in itself could have gone into row z on another day.

Not the end of the world as game 2, but how anyone can say that was excellent, is beyond me.

To be fair, lots of peop,e were saying we should play sane instead of danilo after the brighton game. I hought he was awful v girona and was initially relieved to see danilo, but then we got sane. He is a luxury player. Would rather have sterling at lwb.

Ref was bad but so was Pep. Wrong formation and team.

Keep playing Sane at wing back and he'll ruin one of the best prospects in world football.

Needs to man up and acknowledge his fuck up.

Well Bob Madley clearly wants to be front page on The Sun newspaper. Sane was also terrible offensively, he did nothing to get past his man.

Unpopular opinion, but we need to replace D. Silva with B. Silva

I thought we were defensively sound. They had one shot and sadly scored from it. Edersons through balls were sublime.

Pickford didn't have to make saves because we were missing the goal in excellent positions. Sterling had a great chance before he scored and blazed it over, Silva hit the post and there were several other half chances that we failed to get near the target.
Fine but that's something we need to improve so we can't go saying we were awesome tonight because our finishing and final ball were very poor at times. We have to be better than we were tonight both defensively and in terms of killing teams off.

Anyone else think the only positive of the red card was it forced Everton out of the bus a bit, creating some space for Raheem in particular to harm them.

I find it odd that we only have 2 out and out strikers and three first-choice centre-backs in the squad, and yet we're playing a formation that requires all of them to be on the pitch at the same time. So no rotation, and the minute one gets injured/suspended, we're f**ked. Very odd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.