Everton - Post match thread.

Pickford didn't have to make saves because we were missing the goal in excellent positions. Sterling had a great chance before he scored and blazed it over, Silva hit the post and there were several other half chances that we failed to get near the target.

Same old, same old in that regard: we fluff our lines in final third too often. It's a mental thing.

The club needs to make the Sanchez deal happen.

Sane oughtnto be able to play wingback given his athletic and technical ability. He's not even there to do much defending.

Thats right he didn't have much defending. Just once and he ballsed it up. The lad should never have been expected to play wb.

3 at the back is fine. It gives us the ability to stretch the football pitch. Whoever is central of the 3 is the ball playing centre back. If I could find a fault in the system that would be It, delivery from that position needs to be breaking the lines.

Sane was undisciplined in the role. That said I don't think he had a bad game.

I felt we were tremendous in the 2nd half. Tactically brilliant.

Wasted a number of chances once more and Aguero in particular at fault. If he continues it will be an easy choice between him and Sanchez.

Spanish Dave was awful in the first half. Never seen so many misplaced passes.

Everton were just negative shite. Deserved fuck all.

Did you not notice the poor decision-making; the wayward passing with players completely on different wavelengths; the lack of composure in front of goal and dire attempts at scoring?

We ran around a lot and they sat back and let us. How exactly is that "excellent"???

We worked hard and earned a point when the officials tried to fuck us over. But our overall play was shoddy at best.
I noticed us going at Everton from the minute the second half kicked off and then resorting to trying to kill the game even though they had an extra man.
I noticed us moving the ball quicker and using the width more which had Everton scrambling.
I noticed our desire to win the hall back and the midfield working their socks off to make up for our man disadvantage.
I noticed us creating several chances, some half chances some great chances which had we converted would have seen us deservedly come away with the 3 points.
I noticed loads you didn't and I'm ok with that.

I thought City were excellent Inthe 2nd half. I did not get the 3 at the back with Sane. He can not play that. And it was a real mistake by Pep to play that system. 3 central defenders and neither Walker or Sane got forward much. 1st half was poor, but we were unlucky to go in a goal down. No comment on sending off as it was on far side of pitch too me.

2nd half we were very good. Outstanding for 10 men to press a team back for 45 mins and give them nothing. Poor finishing.

I was disappointed Pep sacrificed Jesus at ht. I thought he was our best player in the 1st. Half. Aguero struggled for me, but I don't want to criticize too much as whole team deserves credit for 2nd half.

2 big pluses: Ederson. He's quality, and Bernardo Silva. He has to start games. I would play 3 up front: Sane, Jesus and BSilva. Bin the 3 defenders.
I agree with all this but surely Sterling merits a place ahead of Sane right now?

Agreed. Cannot understand why we have so many happy clappers on here.

It's not all doom and gloom - it's only game 2 ffs and we haven't even finished in the transfer window. But that was not good and we need to improve hugely if we are to win the league, let alone the CL.

The goal and bit of effort in last 20 minutes hiding a lot, imo. Plus the fact we've been robbed again by ref. Same attacking/finishing shit as last season, same concede at first chance situation and some very new absolute disjointing at moments.

Nothing from this game makes me happy except not losing it. if this is something to be happy with than we're lowering standards.

first half dire but unlucky. they score with their first shot on target 50 secs after we hit the post. player bizarrely sent off.

2nd half much better. started winning 50/50s and decent subs.

early days. some of last year's frailties still there but this is a better point than last season v everton.

1- I hope Pep get back to his usual 4-3-3 instead of 3-5-2

2- Sane was one of our best players last season by playing as Left Forward, now he is not doing well as Left Wing Back

3- Jesus has to earn his place, right now I would choose Bernardo, Sane or Sterling to start beside Aguero instead of him

4- I know Fernandinho works hard and runs a lot, but Yaya gives us more domination.

5- Danilo and Bernardo were very good

6- Sterling scored the hard chance and missed the easy one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.