chris85mcfc said:
shackattack said:
this is likely to be our side next saturday -

----------------Howard---------------
Coleman--Stones--Jagielka--Garbutt
---------McCarthy----Osman---------
----Naismith--Barkley---Deulofeu----
----------------Lukaku----------------

only change is likely to be mcgeady in for deulofeu....hardly a side to trouble you surely.

Take Lukaku out and swap him with Graeme Sharp then we've got a deal
i raise you gordon west in goal and brett angell up front ;-)

I really can't call this.

Everton could turn up and gift us the game, but the chances of that happening are slim. Martinez is a nice bloke, but he's also a professional and getting a 3-0 win from him is going to be hard, regardless of the players they have missing. Our last win there was in 2009 when Robinho & Ireland were part of the team, and our main creative source was Elano. How time flies.

They still have Lukaku, McCarthy, Deulofeu, Coleman and several other players who will be looking to give us a good game next week. 5th place isn't safe for them yet, they'll want to preserve it. Martinez knows how to play us and has always caused us problems in midfield whenever we've played his teams. They're missing a huge part of their side on Saturday, with Barry not being able to add the balance, but that shouldn't make a difference.

I imagine their injuries will force a few changes that we can take advantage of, like a much weaker back four than usual - although I hear Jagielka is back and that Baines could be fit. They still have pace in abundance up front. Naismith and Deulofeu are both very quick, very skillful and will be looking to get as many tight free-kicks as possible. Let's just hope Baines isn't there to whip anything in.

Hart
Zabaleta - Kompany - Demichelis - Kolarov
Javi Garcia
Yaya Toure - Fernandinho
Silva
Aguero - Dzeko

-----------------------------
Lukaku
Deulofeu - Barkley - Naismith
Osman - McCarthy
Baines - Stones - Jagielka - Coleman
Howard

shackattack said:
chris85mcfc said:
shackattack said:
this is likely to be our side next saturday -

----------------Howard---------------
Coleman--Stones--Jagielka--Garbutt
---------McCarthy----Osman---------
----Naismith--Barkley---Deulofeu----
----------------Lukaku----------------

only change is likely to be mcgeady in for deulofeu....hardly a side to trouble you surely.

Are Distin and Baines definitely out? I thought they were no more than injury doubts

Do you think tonights Arsenal game will have any impact on how Everton approach the game i.e. if you are 4 points behind maybe it takes away the pressure and will make you play better, or alternatively it may reduce the intensity of your game

skbytes_efc said:
Hi Guys,

I hope you win the prem .... I HATE LIVERPOOL, I HATE LIVERPOOL !!!! It'll be very strange this weekend when I go and support my Everton and it'll be the first time in 30 years of watching them I'll be thrown in a dilemma... Do I want Everton to win or Do I want City... it makes it harder as Liverpool play after this game, so not knowing the result of the RED Sh*te across the stanley park will make it even worst for our fans. I know some of our fans would like us to loose this game, it's terrible It like you guys playing against Chelsea and knowing if you win you hand the title to Manchester United .....

I hate knowing even if we draw against you guys.... WE COULD ACTUALLY WIN THE TITLE FOR LIVERPOOL!!!!

On a good note for you guys and me we are full of injuries.... our defense is our second string with the exception of Coleman..... there a lot of players carrying knocks. Unfortunately saying that we've been playing unbelievable football at home with what ever team we've put out.... we have lost to 2 sides at home (Sunderland and Palace) but those 2 sides parked the bus and we had 75% of possession.

PLEASE, PLEASE WIN THE PREM...... and if it means us loosing on the weekend to give you the title then I'll accept that with a massive SMILE. I HATE LIVERPOOL!!!
GOD I HATE LIVERPOOL!!!!
hard as an evertonian not to agree with this. i hate all they represent - from their nurenberg rally like banners on the kop with latin or roman godlike quotes, welcoming their team bus like they think they are barcelona, including the words " istanbul, justice,and shankly" in every conversation, referring to us as mongrels and bitters and expecting us to do them a favour next week, singing YNWA at every opportunity possible including karakoe on a friday night, smugly walking round asda on sunday collecting ale for their title celebration parties, my ex bird's ma who wouldn't talk to me " coz i was a bluenose" , and my brother who has turned into eminem in telling me how " dey are goin to tonk da inbreds tomorra and job's dun ", - i rest my case your honour.

Marvin said:
shackattack said:
chris85mcfc said:
Are Distin and Baines definitely out? I thought they were no more than injury doubts

Do you think tonights Arsenal game will have any impact on how Everton approach the game i.e. if you are 4 points behind maybe it takes away the pressure and will make you play better, or alternatively it may reduce the intensity of your game
after saturday, most of my mates accepted we were europa league at best. i think we will play our usual game and will play with tempo and pressure. on saturday the heads dropped as soon as the first own goal went in, and though we improved in the second half it was nothing more than a comfortable southampton win. our players look shattered and the squad is very poor in depth and quality. our subs on saturday were garbutt, hibbert, robles, browning, ledson - none of whom are going to change a game. naismith is our only real threat upfront, lukaku was out wide for most of the game and struggled to make an impact.

shackattack said:
skbytes_efc said:
Hi Guys,

I hope you win the prem .... I HATE LIVERPOOL, I HATE LIVERPOOL !!!! It'll be very strange this weekend when I go and support my Everton and it'll be the first time in 30 years of watching them I'll be thrown in a dilemma... Do I want Everton to win or Do I want City... it makes it harder as Liverpool play after this game, so not knowing the result of the RED Sh*te across the stanley park will make it even worst for our fans. I know some of our fans would like us to loose this game, it's terrible It like you guys playing against Chelsea and knowing if you win you hand the title to Manchester United .....

I hate knowing even if we draw against you guys.... WE COULD ACTUALLY WIN THE TITLE FOR LIVERPOOL!!!!

On a good note for you guys and me we are full of injuries.... our defense is our second string with the exception of Coleman..... there a lot of players carrying knocks. Unfortunately saying that we've been playing unbelievable football at home with what ever team we've put out.... we have lost to 2 sides at home (Sunderland and Palace) but those 2 sides parked the bus and we had 75% of possession.

PLEASE, PLEASE WIN THE PREM...... and if it means us loosing on the weekend to give you the title then I'll accept that with a massive SMILE. I HATE LIVERPOOL!!!
GOD I HATE LIVERPOOL!!!!
hard as an evertonian not to agree with this. i hate all they represent - from their nurenberg rally like banners on the kop with latin or roman godlike quotes, welcoming their team bus like they think they are barcelona, including the words " istanbul, justice,and shankly" in every conversation, referring to us as mongrels and bitters and expecting us to do them a favour next week, singing YNWA at every opportunity possible including karakoe on a friday night, smugly walking round asda on sunday collecting ale for their title celebration parties, my ex bird's ma who wouldn't talk to me " coz i was a bluenose" , and my brother who has turned into eminem in telling me how " dey are goin to tonk da inbreds tomorra and job's dun ", - i rest my case your honour.

I agree there my fellow Evertonian, there just so smug those Red Noses..... I know we only want what best for Everton but for us both it'll be hard this weekend, I hate it!! If we win I'll have to leave Liverpool, I can't go into work the next day and I'm going to have to live else where!! WE can't win, we can't.... is it possible to get this called off under the human rights law!! Oh GOD!! WHY DOES IT HAVE TO COME TO THIS!! Is there anyway around this... I'm trying to tell myself it's only a game. But to walk around the Liverpool seeing the RED SH*TE smiling and singing there sh***y songs about winning the title just isn't on.

I LOVE EVERTON BUT FOR JUST THIS ONCE, JUST THIS ONCE PLEASE LOOSE!! I can't believe I'm staying this.... it hurts!

I'm feeling quite confident about this. Everton are hit by injuries quite badly + Barry can't play. Surely if we win this then title is sealed IMO.

If Everton do have something to play for then they will need a win. Only upside to this is that we should have more space to play into if they come at us. I'd still rather have them deflated, planning their holidays though, especially as they won't be too eager to do Liverpool any favours.

manimanc said:
city91 said:
lfc 18 + 5 said:
everton r a proud club, will take some winning that game if u do u will be big favourites for title. they will want a response after poor away at southampton. v.hard game. ur getting a touch carried away on here its not over yet people.

A Liverpool fan giving people advice on not getting carried away is as meaningful as taking marital advice from Ryan Giggs.
we didn't start lining the streets in our hundreds, with 6 games to go, setting off smoke bombs and singing we're going to win the league....
The minute we do is the moment we get egg on our face....
We've had to put up with this liverpool wankfest for weeks now, ex players on every tv and radio show ramming it down our throats that liverpool have won it already, the won't wobble. .yada yada yada..
The way I see it is rodgers played the occasion instead of the game, gung ho attack attack attack, let's do it for the 96.....if only he could of stepped out of the hyperbole that liverpool are caught up in and played it the mourinho way they'd still be sitting pretty....
Only one person to blame brenda and it isn't maureen. ...
Meanwhile I'll just look at the table and be greatful that we've got a 2nd chance to get the title...

well said

no giddiness here

we know exactly how tough this remains and are under no illusions

one thing is for sure.......we'll fight to the end

bring it on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.