Everton Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt about it Everton will be all out to win, no matter what the fans want, the team/club will want to win the game, especially whilst ever they have a cchance of 4th. The timing of the arsenal game goes against us massively, if they played at 3 on Sat and beat west brom then Everton will have nothing to play for when they play us and won't be as motivated. As it is with their game on Sunday there is too much at stake for them to not want to win, they will want to put pressure on arsenal.

To an Everton fan it may be seen as helping Liverpool, to the club it could be the difference between millions of pounds and players livelihoods

Ali Benarbia said:
Players want to win a game they're playing in. Doesn't matter if it's Glassblowers Athletic versus Runcorn Chemicals or Port Vale versus Accrington Stanley or Argentina v Brazil, it's eleven against eleven and once the game kicks off Everton will want it.

Exactly and so will we.

Ali Benarbia said:
Players want to win a game they're playing in. Doesn't matter if it's Glassblowers Athletic versus Runcorn Chemicals or Port Vale versus Accrington Stanley or Argentina v Brazil, it's eleven against eleven and once the game kicks off Everton will want it.

Very true. Hopefully they will be a little down now that 4th is pretty much out of reach. They would have to lose both games, which isn't going to happen. Particularly vs West Brom and Norwich(who are all but dead). No Barry and Mirallas helps. Key is our tempo. If we come out and play the way we did vs Palace I'm very confident we'll take 3 points. Can't have any coasting in this game and I don't expect any.

Ali Benarbia said:
Yup, honestly this makes the situation worse I think. Less pressure on them to win can make em quite dangerous. Pressure is all on us. I am really nervous about this one.

Something memorable and amazing will happen before the end of the season. Yesterday was both.

Momentum is with us do let's believe and sing the lads all the way to the title

CTID

noise said:
Ali Benarbia said:
Yup, honestly this makes the situation worse I think. Less pressure on them to win can make em quite dangerous. Pressure is all on us. I am really nervous about this one.

The positive is that both of us have to win. When we usually struggle away from home, is with teams looking to counter attack us. As Everton need to go for the win the tactics pretty much take care of themselves.
As always on a Monday I can see lots of ways we can win this. There will be fewer ways to win tomorrow and even less by Wednesday. When Saturday arrives I will only be able to see how we can lose. Always been the same and, at 50, unlikely to change!

latest injury updates off physioroom.com i cant personally vouch for their accuracy.

L Baines Knee Injury no return date
K Mirallas Groin/Pelvis Injury no return date
S Distin Hamstring Injury no return date very doubtful
S Pienaar Cartilage Knee Injury 11th May 14
P Jagielka Hamstring Injury 3rd May 14
L Traore Hamstring Injury no return date
B Oviedo Broken Leg no return date
A Kone Knee Injury 11th May 14
D Gibson ACL Knee Injury 11th May 14

and obviously G Barry inelligable,

Everton website says baines may be fit for weekend,

MESSAGE FROM Everton

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUS FUCKING BEAT US YOU GANG OF SHIT CUNTS. We'll Just have to twat you twice next season.

Manc bastards, think yas still need to up ya fucking game next season so those bastards never get a chance like this again because you might not be so fucking lucky! Then football will be dead.

Regards.

Everton FC

Nil Satis Nisioptimum.

Baines and Jagielka are due back. No idea about the others.

"Phil is going to be fully fit very soon and I do expect that he will probably be able to make the squad against Manchester City and that's always been the plan. I do believe that we will be able to reach that."

Feckin' typical! Imagine we had gone up against them without Baines, Jagielka, Distin AND Barry.

LoveCity said:

"Phil is going to be fully fit very soon and I do expect that he will probably be able to make the squad against Manchester City and that's always been the plan. I do believe that we will be able to reach that."

Feckin' typical! Imagine we had gone up against them without Baines, Jagielka, Distin AND Barry.

I felt confident when Hibbert lined up at centre half a few seasons back. Think we lost 1-2 at the Etihad in the snow.<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:32 pm --<br /><br />
LoveCity said:

I felt confident when Hibbert lined up at centre half a few seasons back. Think we lost 1-2 at the Etihad in the snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.