Everton Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Demichelis Kolarov
Yaya Garcia
Milner Fernandinho Nasri
Aguero

Fernandinho's movement in the box is excellent, for a midfielder who supposedly sits deep he gets a hell of a lot of "striker chances", even if he's missed most of them so far.

The rest of the team has goals (Yaya, Aguero) and creativity (Nasri, Kolarov) while having the legs to match Everton's energy.

We also have the huge advantage of Yaya and Fernandinho having played about half a game each over the last 2 weeks.

I fear we go 2 up top.

King Geedorah said:
Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Demichelis Kolarov
Yaya Garcia
Milner Fernandinho Nasri
Aguero

Fernandinho's movement in the box is excellent, for a midfielder who supposedly sits deep he gets a hell of a lot of "striker chances", even if he's missed most of them so far.

The rest of the team has goals (Yaya, Aguero) and creativity (Nasri, Kolarov) while having the legs to match Everton's energy.

We also have the huge advantage of Yaya and Fernandinho having played about half a game each over the last 2 weeks.

I fear we go 2 up top.

I would go with that team other than I would swap David for Samir, for at least the first hour

BringBackSwales said:
I.bleed.blue said:
Tricky_Trev said:
Really difficult to pick the team for this game. I'm worried that it's Clichy's turn to play, as they seem to alternate. We need Kolarov, but Clichy will start for some stupid reason. Garcia doesn't deserve to be dropped, but probably will be. Nasri does deserve to be dropped, but probably won't be. It'll be interesting to see how Pellegrini goes with this one.

Great point. I wouldn't mind seeing Garcia holding and Yaya playing pushed forward with Silva. That would give the Toffees something to think about.

I still think that Yaya is better breaking from deep myself

-- Sat May 03, 2014 7:49 am --

fuck this, gonna get my shower and get the tram into Piccadilly - anyone know where is open in town for a pint at 9 am ish please?

Wetherspoons Piccadilly. Opens at 7 I think.

Not that I'm an alcoholic or anything........

Fuck me, it's tricky to predict the line-up for today, and the formation.

Arguments for and against a number of options. Do we play it safe initially and pack the mid or do we go for the throat early doors.

My opinion, fwiw, is that MP will go all guns blazing and try to score early and blow them away. Reason being that if, like Palace, we get an early lead then the energy may well drain from Everton.

Hence I reckon he'll go 4-4-2 from the off with Ed and Serg up top.

As all are fit then it has to be Fern and Yaya in the engine room.

Out wide, Merlin is nailed on so just leaves a choice of Jimmy or Nasri for the other side. Wouldn't surprise me if he started with Jimmy for the extra cover against their fullbacks. Clichy getting the nod at left back.

So, I'm going for:

...........................Hart.........................
...Zab........Vince............Martin.......Clichy...
...Jimmy......Yaya............Ferny........Merlin...
................Sergio............Edin..................

Heard from a Neverton mate that they will celebrate every City goal with the Poznan :)

Let's hope there will be lots of home Poznan's!

C'mon City!!
Because of Liverpools "mistake" last weekend we have the chance to win the premier league again!! Let's beat Everton with 3:0 and we are gonna win this competition

Rammy Blue said:

Arguments for and against a number of options. Do we play it safe initially and pack the mid or do we go for the throat early doors.

My opinion, fwiw, is that MP will go all guns blazing and try to score early and blow them away. Reason being that if, like Palace, we get an early lead then the energy may well drain from Everton.

Out wide, Merlin is nailed on so just leaves a choice of Jimmy or Nasri for the other side. Wouldn't surprise me if he started with Jimmy for the extra cover against their fullbacks. Clichy getting the nod at left back.

So, I'm going for:

I agree with the 4-4-2. However he has kept the faith with Nasri all season, and I would be quite shocked if he benched him for this game. So I believe the lineup will be Nasri for Milner. The rest I agree with.

jollylescott said:
Rammy Blue said:

So, I'm going for:

I agree with the 4-4-2. However he has kept the faith with Nasri all season, and I would be quite shocked if he benched him for this game. So I believe the lineup will be Nasri for Milner. The rest I agree with.

This x 1000.

Me thinks the only question is who will start between Kola and Clichy ?

jollylescott said:

Won't surprise me if he goes with Nasri, just that I reckon he's been pretty average recently and certainly doesn't play as well away from home. If it was me I'd start Jimmy with the idea of utilizing Sammy in last half hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.