Everton Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at everton's fixture list I dont know guys, there might be three worse teams, but everton have lost to all of them and having a look at the remaining fixtures they are probably gonna have to beat a top 7 side to stay up. And that's if they take maximum against all their relegation rivals which im not sure they wil ldo either.

Was never convinced by Lampard. Thought he was rubbish at Chelsea with zero defensive organisation.

Their shape off the ball is terrible, on the ball they're sideways and they've zero pace to even try and stretch teams.

I don't think they'll go down, but that was as bad a performance as they served up under Rafa last night.

Posted the below back in October:

outside of the Rags, Everton must have wasted the most money in the league since their takeover. Just had a look, Moshiri bought 49.9% in February 2016, since then they've spent just over £500m gross on:

Stekelenburg, Gueye, Ashley Williams, Bolasie, Calvert-Lewin, Lookman, Schneiderlin, Klaasen, Onyekeru, Pickford, Keane, Sandro, Bowler, Rooney, Martina, Sigurdsson, Vlasic, Tosun, Walcott, Richarlison, Digne, Bernard, Mina, Andre Gomes, Delph, Gbamin, Kean, Iwobi, Allan, James Rodriguez, Doucoure, Godfrey, Josh King, Gray, Townsend, Begovic and Rondon. 3 of the latter 4 were frees.
---

They since added Mykolenko and Patterson for another £29m combined and a potential £40m on Alli, so up to near £600m gross since the takeover. For a performance like that tonight.

Been thinking the same all season, I've never known a club to squander so much money over the years. For that investment they should be in 5th at least.

Goes to show money isn't everything, it is how the club is ran and how good recruitment / development is etc.

Was never convinced by Lampard. Thought he was rubbish at Chelsea with zero defensive organisation.

Their shape off the ball is terrible, on the ball they're sideways and they've zero pace to even try and stretch teams.

I don't think they'll go down, but that was as bad a performance as they served up under Rafa last night.
You can't polish turds, the players at Everton simply aren't good enough, the only thing that will save Everton is the complete and utter dross under them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.