Everton Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton are one of only three clubs I can’t remember outside the top flight.

Their horrible neighbours and Arsenal are the other two, though I doubt anyone alive can remember the Tarquins in the second tier.

Live with an Everton roommate and he's been denying their even in a relegation fight till this weekend really, when results went against them and they lost. I think it sank in. TBH they need the owner out and relegation might be the only way to accomplish that. They feel in the same black hole Villa were in before eventually they went down.

I fear we are doomed. I sat in my seat watching 7 players out of 11 not giving a feck. Shame on them.

Just cannot see where we will get points from.

You've got tough games on paper but as long as the fans stay fully supportive you'll get enough out of the players to drag yourselves over the line I think. The three clubs below you are worse. And you are the type of club to go and get the win in unlikely games where it is back against the wall. Any game you are expected to win I think the pressure seems to get to the players.

United at home has an Everton win all over it. And go beat that scum down the road to do us a favour too.

I think generally the fans have been behind the players all season - but it has had no effect yet so see no reason why it will from now in.
As Toffeedude said only 4 showed any heart yesterday and they are probably the same ones you would expect to. The team has no leader - no one is driving them on and they look scared and clueless on how to resolve it. With two thirds of the season gone we have 6 wins and 4 draws on the board. We need around 3-4 wins and a few draws to survive. It is totally feasible but every game has been a must win for weeks now. And before long Burnley could get another run together and we can't get two wins on the bounce.
We are now looking at failures over the last 5-6 years and sometimes your luck just runs out.

The cost of their new stadium build is likely to rocket with hyper-inflation on the horizon. The financial consequences of relegation would surely jeopardize that project. That new stadium is their one chance to quickly become a real force again. I think they have enough quality to stay up but if I was a Toffee I would be extremely nervous.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.