Everton Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
All footballers are overpaid but I take your point. I’m not sure whether to be relieved that it was only 2-0 but by Christ am I glad it’s over.

Championship purgatory awaits.

Hopefully most of them
You're not going to be able to afford to keep most of them if you're relegated I suspect. Even without the financial impact of Covid, your losses over the last 3 financial years are nearly £250m and your combined commercial & matchday income is only around £40m, with even some of that at risk via the links to Usmanov.

You've never had to work on a budget, like Southampton, Burnley etc., and you've got that shiny new stadium to finance. You might be OK if you get back to the PL at the first attempt but there has to be a risk you're looking at administration if you don't and the parachute payments run out. I feel sorry for the Everton fans, who have been very decent with us. The fault lies squarely with Kenwright, Moshiri and the rest of the board.

Last edited:
They could be the old man city and a yoyo club

always remember 1983 and everybody saying we are too big a club to go down ?

If they show similar fight in games then they have a chance but the fixtures are very tough. Watford away and Brentford at home are huge games.

Richarlison was quite fortunate not to be sent off for that kick out I thought. Very stupid of him given the fight they are in. Gordon played well. Needs to stay upright a bit more though and certainly learn the art of going down.

Everton may get relegated but with 50,000 plus attendances virtually guaranteed in their new stadium then I don't think they have anything to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.