Everton Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he'd touch it from Palace, same as Potter from Brighton.

Obviously Everton is a step up in terms of club size, but the complete lack of focus, direction and general competence at board level means it's not worth leaving jobs where they will both be given the chance to build something.

And I don't say that to wind up our Everton guests. But there's some rotten apples that need clearing before you can give assurances to a manager that wants to build something.

The whole club appears to be a shadow of a top club currently - yeah they have backing but nobody has a clue how to use it.

Potter is the new Howe and look how he has started at Newcastle, Everton need to get Moyes back.
No way Moyes goes back.

He’s got a much better team and potential with West Ham currently.

Big Dunc in his shirt in minus 5 degrees in Feb!

Everton need to get this right for the new stadium to progress.

Jesus - I didn’t realise it had got that bad, with all these washed up wasters and cretinous mates of the Chairman hanging about the club leeching an easy salary.

That’s criminal mismanagement of the opportunity proper investment could have brought to the club if done right.

It’s like the Rags, with all these useless former players and Glazer/Woodward cronies stinking the place out whilst expensively dragging the club into the abyss.

Moshiri needs some proper football experts around him to advise and guide him on how to structure and run a club properly. Kenwright and his rabble of bang average former players are clearly not the answer.

Everton and their fans deserve a lot better than that miserable shower!
From the outside looking in it appears that Kenwright is running the club very much like football clubs used to be back in the 1960's and 1970's. An old boys club run by a Chairman who won't let go of the reins and full of his cronies in various positions of authority. Self interest before the good of the club. What a mess Everton seems to be in and as a football fan I can sympathise with how let down so many proper Evertonians must be feeling. When Moshiri came in they must have thought their dreams had come true. In reality it turned into a nightmare.

Everton/Newcastle is there really anymore room at the top ? i think this is the real problem with teams that think or want to be a top 4 club even with outside money. top managers and world class players is there enough to go around.
false promises by owners to there fans are pipe dreams and the big boys have closed the door.

everton are in a right mess for me and the dream of a new era has been smoke and mirrors blown up the fans bums
unless manchester united completely blow up the rest of the big 3 are set in stone for the next 10 years,

everton fans seem to me they think they a top 4 or top 6 club but the truth is they are way off and even dare i say fighting relegation this season.

has for a new manager well take your pick of the has hasbeens Big fat sam, steve bruce, to name a few

From the outside looking in it appears that Kenwright is running the club very much like football clubs used to be back in the 1960's and 1970's. An old boys club run by a Chairman who won't let go of the reins and full of his cronies in various positions of authority. Self interest before the good of the club. What a mess Everton seems to be in and as a football fan I can sympathise with how let down so many proper Evertonians must be feeling. When Moshiri came in they must have thought their dreams had come true. In reality it turned into a nightmare.

Spot on mate - clear echoes of Swales and his ilk.

It shows how important it is for owners to get the key structural appointments right when they take over a club, and not fall into the trap of thinking the route to the fans hearts is through handing out key roles to an apparently random rabble of former players.

Sentimentality won’t somehow result in them stumbling across the right structure. You can show respect for the history and the players of the past through honorary roles if you want, whilst making the key strategic appointments on merit.

The amount of money they’ve wasted through having no coherent structure or strategy must be horrifying for Everton fans to look at.

Everton/Newcastle is there really anymore room at the top ? i think this is the real problem with teams that think or want to be a top 4 club even with outside money. top managers and world class players is there enough to go around.
false promises by owners to there fans are pipe dreams and the big boys have closed the door.

everton are in a right mess for me and the dream of a new era has been smoke and mirrors blown up the fans bums
unless manchester united completely blow up the rest of the big 3 are set in stone for the next 10 years,

everton fans seem to me they think they a top 4 or top 6 club but the truth is they are way off and even dare i say fighting relegation this season.

has for a new manager well take your pick of the has hasbeens Big fat sam, steve bruce, to name a few
Completely agree. No room at the top.

Everton would probably take a bit of stability right now and at least start to compete on the pitch again.

Only 2-3 teams can genuinely win the league. The rest must do with a good season and maybe a cup. Unless we have another Leicester season.

No point spending money to only manage 6th.

I hope all clubs can now see the damage United, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea have caused to competition. Signed the FFP death warrant. Pointless investing.

I don't think he'd touch it from Palace, same as Potter from Brighton.

Obviously Everton is a step up in terms of club size, but the complete lack of focus, direction and general competence at board level means it's not worth leaving jobs where they will both be given the chance to build something.

And I don't say that to wind up our Everton guests. But there's some rotten apples that need clearing before you can give assurances to a manager that wants to build something.

No mate, its pretty spot on.

Everton is a massive step up from Brighton, however at this current time no half decent manager with a growing reputation and safety at their current clubs would take the job (although 2 of our previous failed managers ended up at Belgium and Barcelona somehow) due to the incompetence in the background. They are on a hiding to nothing.

The first thing the owner should have done and has a chance to now is employ the best people for each vacant position starting with the DoF. Get the structure right and the rest should start to fall into place. Stop thinking about big names and stop stay out of the transfers.

Completely agree. No room at the top.

Everton would probably take a bit of stability right now and at least start to compete on the pitch again.

Only 2-3 teams can genuinely win the league. The rest must do with a good season and maybe a cup. Unless we have another Leicester season.

No point spending money to only manage 6th.

I hope all clubs can now see the damage United, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea have caused to competition. Signed the FFP death warrant. Pointless investing.

Id take a couple of 13th place finishes the next 2 seasons, if it meant the club was in the process of getting together the right structure/vision and starting to build with good young players coming in. At least then you can see the progress and where the club are trying to head.

We cant even make profits on players now as most of the signings are 25+ on stupid wages so nobody wants them.

We need to start looking at the Dortmund model (think its what Palace are doing, Southampton and possibly Brighton too) of signing up good young talent from the likes of yourselves, Chelsea and elsewhere for decent money, giving them playing time and sell at a profit until you hopefully get to a point where you have a quality crop and can start challenging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.