Everton Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club certainly can't complain about the level of noise and support they got and I think the players did their best to respond. There seemed to be considerable goodwill for Duncan Ferguson and it seems surprising that the owners preferred someone so associated with Liverpool to Ferguson last time and are ignoring Ferguson again. He does get a reaction from the crowd and his teams can't be faulted for work rate and effort, two factors which may be of vital importance for Everton this season.
Openly said he doesn’t want it. I also imagine their aim is more than work rate and effort, although that’s a minimum for any side

Seems kind of weird to me how against Vitor Pereira Everton fans seem to be, when the alternative is Frank Lampard. Pereira is a pretty respectable manager, admittedly nothing special, but I don't really see what the issue is other than him being a bit foreign, when some of the other foreign managers they've had haven't been great (but who has)?

If the alternative was someone great then maybe I'd get it, but Lampard is a managerial nobody, who did a bang average job at Derby then a bad job at Chelsea (under tough circumstances, but still, did absolutely nothing to encourage you)

Just seems weird to me. If my options were Lampard, Duncan Fergusson or Vitor Pereira, I really wouldn't be turning my nose up at the only one who's ever had any success at all

It’s going to be Lampard just because they can’t afford to get another manager the fans don’t want and any loss will have the Everton fans on his back.

Get Lampard and Everton have the fans boost also it will show how good Lampard is as a manager, Lampard needs this to work just as much as Everton does.

The club is an utter joke. It needs sorting

I would prefer Lampard as I think we need a younger manager who will be prepared to do a long term job. No more quick fixes or has been bosses. We need to build and get rid of the useless players and those advising the owners. First, we need to stay in the league and we may well not do so.

The club is an utter joke. It needs sorting

I would prefer Lampard as I think we need a younger manager who will be prepared to do a long term job. No more quick fixes or has been bosses. We need to build and get rid of the useless players and those advising the owners. First, we need to stay in the league and we may well not do so.

Yep he did well at Derby with young players bringing them on loan from premier clubs.

He will be there best choice.

Pereira or Lampard then?, @shackattack

Personally I'd sooner have Pereira but I think Lampard will get offered it.
I don't understand why they are even considering appointing a manager immediately. We don't learn from our mistakes, it would make more sense to see where we are at the end of the season and look at who is available

Personally I'd sooner have Pereira but I think Lampard will get offered it.
I don't understand why they are even considering appointing a manager immediately. We don't learn from our mistakes, it would make more sense to see where we are at the end of the season and look at who is available

Where you are at the end of the season might actually be the big issue mate if you float along with Dunc saying smash it up to two forwards you might just be looking for a manager coach to get you out of the championship. It’s between Pereira and Lampard I think medium to large Frank would have more impact, he’s relatable to by players and knows the prem. Hope it works out either way for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.