Everton Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where you are at the end of the season might actually be the big issue mate if you float along with Dunc saying smash it up to two forwards you might just be looking for a manager coach to get you out of the championship. It’s between Pereira and Lampard I think medium to large Frank would have more impact, he’s relatable to by players and knows the prem. Hope it works out either way for you.

I don't think any manager could get a tune out of some of these players at the moment. Maybe a new manager would buck their ideas up momentarily but they just seem devoid of ideas and initiative. Players turning down moves to other clubs because they would sooner retain the wages they are on ( though I can understand why) tells you the sorry state we are in

I don't think any manager could get a tune out of some of these players at the moment. Maybe a new manager would buck their ideas up momentarily but they just seem devoid of ideas and initiative. Players turning down moves to other clubs because they would sooner retain the wages they are on ( though I can understand why) tells you the sorry state we are in

And you know what’s funny a vocal few on here think Soriano and Txiki are fucking shit, and then unfortunately you have a ganders at your set up and I am convinced it will be used in some Harvard how not to seminar, chin up bud.

Seems kind of weird to me how against Vitor Pereira Everton fans seem to be, when the alternative is Frank Lampard. Pereira is a pretty respectable manager, admittedly nothing special, but I don't really see what the issue is other than him being a bit foreign, when some of the other foreign managers they've had haven't been great (but who has)?

If the alternative was someone great then maybe I'd get it, but Lampard is a managerial nobody, who did a bang average job at Derby then a bad job at Chelsea (under tough circumstances, but still, did absolutely nothing to encourage you)

Just seems weird to me. If my options were Lampard, Duncan Fergusson or Vitor Pereira, I really wouldn't be turning my nose up at the only one who's ever had any success at all

Think there are a couple of reasons the fans are against Pereira.

One being apparently he was in contention twice in the last few years for the job but the board obviously deemed him not good enough then. Since that time he's done nothing to suggest otherwise. If you look at what he's done since Porto, he only seems to last a year and most recently got sacked by Fenerbace after 5 minutes. He's happy to take the job for 6 months too which is unsettling

The main reason I feel though is apparently he is being pushed by Kia Joorabchian, who is a parasite and who pursuaded the owner to loan El Ghazi, assuming to help out his client Coutinho. He has a massive hand in QPR when they went down, is causing chaos at Reading where he also pushed Pereira for the managerial vacancy and rumours he got us to speak to Cannavaro as a favour to raise his profile.

He will be the death of this club if we arnt careful but seems to have Moshiris ear.

So I dont think the fans are desperate for Lampard, more alarmed at the alternative.

And you know what’s funny a vocal few on here think Soriano and Txiki are fucking shit, and then unfortunately you have a ganders at your set up and I am convinced it will be used in some Harvard how not to seminar, chin up bud.
Similarly united.

I think Lampard would be mad to take it, but maybe his bank account is getting low after a year out of work.

Why's every little move being broadcast in public? So unprofessional

Yep. Our owner does like to speak to the fans through his mate Jim White and talksport though so that says it all.

Lampard may not be the answer but every manager is a gamble. At least on the surface it looks like a decent appointment. Progressive, likes to llay football and does well with younger players.

Him coming in and rumoured to be bringing Anthony Barry who is highly rated and Steve Holland. Along with Cahill coming in some form of sporting role, looks like the club are trying to get some sort of structure going at least

Its a start but possibly too little too late

Yep. Our owner does like to speak to the fans through his mate Jim White and talksport though so that says it all.

Lampard may not be the answer but every manager is a gamble. At least on the surface it looks like a decent appointment. Progressive, likes to llay football and does well with younger players.

Him coming in and rumoured to be bringing Anthony Barry who is highly rated and Steve Holland. Along with Cahill coming in some form of sporting role, looks like the club are trying to get some sort of structure going at least

Its a start but possibly too little too late
Think it's a reasonable appointment, maybe add 1 or 2 Chelsea loanees a season and Lampard will develop your young talent.

Just a shame for you you've wasted hundreds of millions on a pile of shite.

Think it's a reasonable appointment, maybe add 1 or 2 Chelsea loanees a season and Lampard will develop your young talent.

Just a shame for you you've wasted hundreds of millions on a pile of shite.

Yep. Ive said on a previous post, if we can get the likes of the Chelsea youth players on loan or who wont sign new deals like Lamptey, Livramento, Gallagher etc in for a season or decent fees we will do ok.

Even go for the likes of your lad McAtee if he wont sign a new deal. These 'type' of signings are the way forward, coupled with the odd experienced player. Not throwing £40m at a paedo, £28m at Iwobi (another Kia masterclass). I like what Palace have done

Hopefully this is a turning point for the whole club and we move in the right direction from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.