Everton Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still surprised that Benitez didn't get his act together and sort them out. I know they had injuries but every team's had issues and that's the same every season. If he couldn't get a team together grinding out points to stay up, I doubt that anyone else will. With only a week left for transfer activity, they can't make wholesale changes - especially with no manager - and now they seem like they could freefall, only the chance of Brentford going the same way, or Burnley not signing anyone to help them win their 4 games in hand, might save them. Luckily, there are some really shite teams down there, and I don't think they're bottom 3 material, but, you never know.

I think you are right Everton can go this year absolutely no reason why they can't with the way they have been performing. Plus with the fans wanting the board out and getting on the players backs it's not an easy place to get out of. They need results and need them fast.
To be fair, the supporters didn’t get on the players' backs. They were brilliantly supportive throughout the game.

The protests started after the final whistle, including a banner, which said, "SACK THE BOARD!"

Humphreys on BT said that the club has announced a root and branch review of the whole organisation.

Last edited:
To be fair, the supporters didn’t get on the players' backs. They were brilliantly supportive throughout the game.

The protests started after the final whistle, including a banner, which said, "SACK THE BOARD!"

Humphrey’s on BT said that the club has announced a root and branch review of the whole organisation.
Didn't see much of the support getting on the players backs yesterday, At Norwich away last weekend the players got bombarded with abuse after the final whistle when the players went over to them. Probably slot of that anger was aimed at Rafa at the time.
They are in a very bad situation at the minute the club feels like poison and once your in that it's seriously tough to get out of.

I understand their frustration but already campaigning against a potential manager who has won league titles in three different countries to champion for a guy whose managerial honours extend to playing Mason Mount an awful lot is taking the piss in my opinion

Humphreys on BT said that the club has announced a root and branch review of the whole organisation.
The club certainly can't complain about the level of noise and support they got and I think the players did their best to respond. There seemed to be considerable goodwill for Duncan Ferguson and it seems surprising that the owners preferred someone so associated with Liverpool to Ferguson last time and are ignoring Ferguson again. He does get a reaction from the crowd and his teams can't be faulted for work rate and effort, two factors which may be of vital importance for Everton this season.

I understand their frustration but already campaigning against a potential manager who has won league titles in three different countries to champion for a guy whose managerial honours extend to playing Mason Mount an awful lot is taking the piss in my opinion

It's because of his connection to the agent who's ruining their club tbf.

The club certainly can't complain about the level of noise and support they got and I think the players did their best to respond. There seemed to be considerable goodwill for Duncan Ferguson and it seems surprising that the owners preferred someone so associated with Liverpool to Ferguson last time and are ignoring Ferguson again. He does get a reaction from the crowd and his teams can't be faulted for work rate and effort, two factors which may be of vital importance for Everton this season.

I think he has stated in the past that he does not want the job full time and who can blame him. He has a generally excellent relationship with most fans and why would he want to tarnish that. I guess the crunch comes when a new manager is appointed and does not want him as part of his backroom staff. No one so far has been brave enough to tell him that !

It's because of his connection to the agent who's ruining their club tbf.
He's still a more than qualified coach, above taking the reins at a team in a relegration fight if we're completely honest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.