Everton Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Ali can't get into a pretty poor Spurs side, at least until Conte got them a bit more organised, it doesn't say a lot for him. There is no doubt he has talent but heart, desire, workrate, temperament, sadly lacking. A bit like Balotelli clubs take a punt on him as they see what he COULD be. Unfortunately they only show it in flashes. I don't see flash London boy settling in Liverpool either.

Seems a bit of an arrogant twat too .

Dele Alli looks like a typical Everton signing of recent years. Once promising player failing at a bigger club picked up for an intermediate fee.
When was the last really good signing they made?
Actually hope he does well, he's a talented player and I quite like Everton and Lampard but I fear the worst.

Dele Alli looks like a typical Everton signing of recent years. Once promising player failing at a bigger club picked up for an intermediate fee.
Actually hope he does well, he's a talented player and I quite like Everton and Lampard but I fear the worst.
Only Everton would do this.

I think he will do a good job there. I get the impression he doesn’t like Liverpool when he had that row with Klopp on the touch line whilst Chelsea manager for all to hear as it was when no fans were allowed in.

Actually think this one is different as we havent actually spent money on VDB and Alli (yet). If he plays 20 games, we owe £10m and I think thats a good deal personally. Also the addons to take it to £30m or whatever will be based on him and us being successfull, which is worth paying if thats the case as he's still only 25 and *was* a brilliant talent. Plus its only a 2 year deal so if it doesnt work out we arnt stuck with him on a long term contract. If Lampard can get him happy and get a tune out of him then its a superb talent. If not, he wont play and we wont pay a fee, just wages which wont be £150k p/w either

Im hoping its similar to the Grey signing, who showed promise, faded and just needed a change of scenery as he's been superb this season, esp for £1.5m. You cant even get a League 1 player for that these days.

Im quite happy with our signings, although still feel we really needed a proper DM that can cover the ground.

I hope Lampard does well there but what are the expectations ????? As for Ali it’s probably a crossroads in his career he’s under a manager who will put an arm round his shoulder and had a hell of a career in more or less the same role he played ........... he doesn’t do it now then he just gonna end up blowing a promising career............. Lampard had all the money thrown at him and still did it week after week about time Ali looked at his own manager about applying yourself in the right manner

How many number 10s do Everton have on their books now?

Proper no 10? One and he's been arrested.

Gray has been played there by Benitez but is more effective on the wing. Gordon has played there for the youth teams but again looks better on the wing. So Alli will be our only proper 10. Think VDB can play there but not overly sure as havent seen much of him at Utd.

I hope Lampard does well there but what are the expectations ????? As for Ali it’s probably a crossroads in his career he’s under a manager who will put an arm round his shoulder and had a hell of a career in more or less the same role he played ........... he doesn’t do it now then he just gonna end up blowing a promising career............. Lampard had all the money thrown at him and still did it week after week about time Ali looked at his own manager about applying yourself in the right manner

Most fans just want stability now and would take a season or two of 10th placed finishes just to settle down.

Alli is a risk, but one worth talking imo. Lampard is a massive fan and there is a video doing the rounds of him calling Alli a special player. If Lampard xan get him happy and playing we have a hell of a player on our hands for a decent outlet. Obviously there are no guarantees but hopefully a change of scenery, a manager who really rates him and a chance to play regularly sees the gamble pay off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.