Everton Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proper no 10? One and he's been arrested.

Gray has been played there by Benitez but is more effective on the wing. Gordon has played there for the youth teams but again looks better on the wing. So Alli will be our only proper 10. Think VDB can play there but not overly sure as havent seen much of him at Utd.
Alli, Iwobi, Richarlison, the arrested one, Gray, Townsend, DVDB.

An imbalanced squad!

Most fans just want stability now and would take a season or two of 10th placed finishes just to settle down.

Alli is a risk, but one worth talking imo. Lampard is a massive fan and there is a video doing the rounds of him calling Alli a special player. If Lampard xan get him happy and playing we have a hell of a player on our hands for a decent outlet. Obviously there are no guarantees but hopefully a change of scenery, a manager who really rates him and a chance to play regularly sees the gamble pay off.
You wi
Actually think this one is different as we havent actually spent money on VDB and Alli (yet). If he plays 20 games, we owe £10m and I think thats a good deal personally. Also the addons to take it to £30m or whatever will be based on him and us being successfull, which is worth paying if thats the case as he's still only 25 and *was* a brilliant talent. Plus its only a 2 year deal so if it doesnt work out we arnt stuck with him on a long term contract. If Lampard can get him happy and get a tune out of him then its a superb talent. If not, he wont play and we wont pay a fee, just wages which wont be £150k p/w either

Im hoping its similar to the Grey signing, who showed promise, faded and just needed a change of scenery as he's been superb this season, esp for £1.5m. You cant even get a League 1 player for that these days.

Im quite happy with our signings, although still feel we really needed a proper DM that can cover the ground.
Just hope you have the sense to play Ali less than the 20 games if he is average at best.

I think he will do a good job there. I get the impression he doesn’t like Liverpool when he had that row with Klopp on the touch line whilst Chelsea manager for all to hear as it was when no fans were allowed in.
Just because he doesn’t like Littlewoods, it doesn’t follow that he will do a good job as Everton manager.

I’m not convinced that Frank has what it takes to become a good, let alone great, manager.

Actually think this one is different as we havent actually spent money on VDB and Alli (yet). If he plays 20 games, we owe £10m and I think thats a good deal personally. Also the addons to take it to £30m or whatever will be based on him and us being successfull, which is worth paying if thats the case as he's still only 25 and *was* a brilliant talent. Plus its only a 2 year deal so if it doesnt work out we arnt stuck with him on a long term contract. If Lampard can get him happy and get a tune out of him then its a superb talent. If not, he wont play and we wont pay a fee, just wages which wont be £150k p/w either

Im hoping its similar to the Grey signing, who showed promise, faded and just needed a change of scenery as he's been superb this season, esp for £1.5m. You cant even get a League 1 player for that these days.

Im quite happy with our signings, although still feel we really needed a proper DM that can cover the ground.
The Alli deal is a win-win situation for you.

I'm not a big fan of him, but there’s no denying that he has talent.

Proper no 10? One and he's been arrested.

Gray has been played there by Benitez but is more effective on the wing. Gordon has played there for the youth teams but again looks better on the wing. So Alli will be our only proper 10. Think VDB can play there but not overly sure as havent seen much of him at Utd.
Has anybody?

Just because he doesn’t like Littlewoods, it doesn’t follow that he will do a good job as Everton manager.

I’m not convinced that Frank has what it takes to become a good, let alone great, manager.
He will be better received by the supporters than the previous man. That itself gives the players a lift and should produce better performance. Frank will have learned from his previous role

Alli, Iwobi, Richarlison, the arrested one, Gray, Townsend, DVDB.

An imbalanced squad!

Iwobi likes himself as a 10 but hasnt played there much and been inneffective when he has a few times. Richarlison thinks he's a 9 but better coming in from LW.

I think we really needed a DM with energy, a Kante/Idrissa Gueye type to cover the ground as we havent got many speedy players or defensive minded CM's. I think we will line up as below in Midfield/Attack but at least there are better options off the bench now

DCL
Richarlison Alli Gray
VDB Allan (as Doucoure out)

He will be better received by the supporters than the previous man. That itself gives the players a lift and should produce better performance. Frank will have learned from his previous role

Fully agree. We all know he's not a top manager and we are taking a risk, we arnt stupid. Think the comments and reactions you see are more relief that Pereira wasnt appointed.

Plus compare to the absolute shocking, negative displays under Benitez, its refreshing to have someone who actually wants to play attractive attacking football. It may take a bit and a few more players but its a start and we have to be patient as these players arnt Chelsea level!! Also he may give the kids a chance, like Dobbin before Rondon!!

Im personally hoping he gets a couple from the Chelsea academy too

I think he can become a good manager he did well at Derby did well at Chelsea under the transfer restrictions ............. think the Everton job will be perfect for him and he’s off to winner with the fans 100% behind him

This is the job that Frank has to prove he's a decent manager.
He did well at Derby. But the Chelsea gig came too soon for him. Whatever we think of them, it's a club with huge (you could even say, "massive") expectations, and it calls for a manager experienced at managing at that sort of level. Everton isn't anywhere near that level and, provided he doesn't fuck up big time, he could do relatively okay there. The problem he has is that there's quite a few pretty ordinary players there; they're not 16th in the league by accident. He'll need to strengthen that squad in the summer. They shouldn't go down, most of us could name three teams that are, in our opinion, worse than them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.