Everton Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this piece on the BBC site from Phil McNulty after Everton's defeat the other night: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59500468

For those who can't be arsed with the link, this is how it begins:

If that's an accurate quote - and I've no reason to doubt it - then the levels of conceit and delusion are incredible. No wonder they look as though they're in the shit.

Swales mark two in a nutshell right there! Oh he has been there 24 years and Everton have not improved one bit.

FFP is not the problem in this case, just poor planning and recruitment resulting in the wasting 100s of millions of pounds.
I agree but Everton should be allowed to waste another £500m if their owner wants to spend more money. Instead they need to jump through hoops to try and comply with a football dictatorship and understand that their position in the pyramid is 6-17.

Why spend at all? Pointless as the shackles are firmly in place before a ball is kicked.

Last edited:
I saw this piece on the BBC site from Phil McNulty after Everton's defeat the other night: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59500468

If that's an accurate quote - and I've no reason to doubt it - then the levels of conceit and delusion are incredible. No wonder they look as though they're in the shit.
McNulty is an excellent Reporter (old-school) who has better contacts at Everton than anyone else in the media. It is a great quote and says a lot about the predicament Everton are in. Personally I would love them to get their act together and challenge their odious neighbours.
With the new stadium on the way this is the most critical period in their history and yet they keep shooting themselves in the foot. The recruitment has been dire. It has been a badly-run club for decades. I know some City fans will disagree but I think their fans deserve better. LFC have had it easy for too long in Merseyside.

He misunderstood. They ask what the Everton board would do, then do the opposite.

I feel sorry for Everton's fans. So much of what is going on reminds me of us in the Swales years. I don't like that feeling, it brings back bad memories.

FFP has screwed them. Quite often, an unexpected random club goes down, and unless they can pull out of this downward spiral it could be their year. As we all know, you can't just go on being shit without consequences. (Unless you are United.)

I don't expect pity or anyone to feel sorry for us. But truth is we have massive problems currently, getting the fans and club united together is the least of our worries. But you have to ask how a club which has a generally very positive community and charitable existence in the city has managed to distance itself so rapidly from it's fanbase.
The recruitment of players is down to a select few and they have bought some appalling players.

I don't expect pity or anyone to feel sorry for us. But truth is we have massive problems currently, getting the fans and club united together is the least of our worries. But you have to ask how a club which has a generally very positive community and charitable existence in the city has managed to distance itself so rapidly from it's fanbase.
The recruitment of players is down to a select few and they have bought some appalling players.
I suspect that Everton fans have just reached the end of their tether. There have been too many false dawns. This is what it was like for City from 1983 to 2000. Despite our critics saying City are just an "oil club" things started turning for us more than 20 years ago with David Bernstein as Chairman. Apart from 12 months of Stuart Pearce the club was progressing forwards. The real catalyst was the move to the new stadium which allowed us to cast off the shackles of the past.
Moving away from Goodison (painful though it will be) is the best thing that could happen to Everton. They just need to make sure they are still capable of making the most of the new stadium. When they get there the investors will be queueing up. The biggest obstacle will be the corrupt FFP rules but they will have gone by then.

I agree but Everton should be allowed to waste another £500m if their owner wants to spend more money. Instead they need to jump through hoops to try and comply with a football dictatorship and understand that their position in the pyramid is 6-17 position.

Why spend at all? Pointless as the shackles are firmly in place before a ball is kicked.
100 % Agree, stopping ANY investment is plain wrong and should be illegal.

Yes I can really see the Evertonians getting very excited about this one ha ha ha ha

Everton could make a move for former Chelsea and Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho, currently in charge at Roma, if they decide to sack manager Rafael Benitez. (Daily Star on Sunday)
He, Jose would be the perfect appointment for a club run so badly.

A once great manager and still box office but so far past his sell by date he is rotten to the core, just like Everton FC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.