Everton Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know they are going to be tight with money (Spending on a new stadium).

I didn't think Gyokeres was good yesterday. And maybe might not be good enough for the Premier League.

Brereton-Diaz might have been a good option but I think he's going to LaLiga next season. He's been a consistent goalscorer for Blackburn for a few seasons now.

Knowing Sean Dyche. He will end up getting Chris Wood in and hoofing the ball up like in his good old days with Burnley.
There's always the young lad JLingz....

I’m pleased that Everton stayed up, I worked over there for years and most Everton fans I encountered were sound. Still meet up with them when we play each other and they are mostly very pro City, because we have repeatedly stopped the other lot.

I hope however that the euphoria of staying up will not obscure just how lucky they have been this time. Both Leicester and Leeds have been relegated in the boardroom, two clubs that have literally sleep walked into relegation. Everton need to seriously wise up, because they can’t rely on other clubs self destructing year in and year out. Hopefully this will be a new dawn for them.

Well in my opinion Leicester would have stayed up if they hadn't sacked Rodgers. Following his sacking they took 6 points from 9 games, their problem not Everton's though.

You should see the level of hatred for him on Foxes Talk. Just had a look. Was a bit taken aback by the poison on there. Obviously, they're incredibly angry, and there seems to be lot of strife between posters.
Many seem to think it's largely on him. Certainly not replacing Schmeichel with someone credible was a bad, bad mistake.

Wonder if they do a Chavski when the new owner comes on IE wipe out all the debt to circumnavigate FFP, same as the Rags will do. Inevitably this loop hole will be closed once certain clubs attain a more favourable financial position.

Meanwhile, we are still subject to in depth charges that with hindsight could have been avoided by structuring the finances differently.

You should see the level of hatred for him on Foxes Talk. Just had a look. Was a bit taken aback by the poison on there. Obviously, they're incredibly angry, and there seems to be lot of strife between posters.
Many seem to think it's largely on him. Certainly not replacing Schmeichel with someone credible was a bad, bad mistake.
Iverson's a decent keeper, but they went with Danny Ward for a long time and he's nowhere near good enough.

That Would Faes has been a bit of a disaster too, but you don't get much for £15m these days.

As opposed to the Leeds circus......Everton got their shit together earlier and appointed a manager that gave them a fighting chance.Dyche isnt everyones cup of tea,but he is likeable,clearly well respected,and very much a man for an occasion......he was a good appointment and he deserves the opportunity to try and progress what he has started.

This was my favoured outcome ahead of Leicester and Leeds and it would also have been a huge kick in the bollocks to the plastic dippers they share a City with.which pleases me enormously!

well, that was a very nervy afternoon. The emotions are way out of control. We have to get better as I don't want to go through this again. Kenwright has to go, probably most of the board as well, and a clear out of players is on the cards. A new owner would be nice. Lets start fresh and build. We do not expect miracles, just a team that will give it a go. We have some decent youngsters out on loan, bring them home, build around them. Get the Coventry striker in as he looks a handful.

It was horrible at times today, but we did it. The ground exploded when we scored .. sadly that rarely happens now. But here we are with another chance and we have to take it.

However, I can now relax! PHEW!!!! Thanks for all the well wishes today, some top peeps on here.

I can also now cheer on City for the next two games and hope your lads can do it. GOOD LUCK!
Always struck me as strange that you did not give the lad at Preston a go Calvert Lewin alaways injured and Cannon scored a few for Pne.
Think you should cut your losses on DCL too many injuries.
Stability is what is needed new owners just hope not like Franny Lee.You wont keep getting away with it like we didnt.Good luck for next season.

Can't believe people are congratulating them for staying up, a club of Everton's size should not be facing relegation on the last day of the season, they are disgrace of a club.
Everton, Sunderland, Villa, Newcastle, Wednesday, Blackburn… you look at trophies won and title challenges up to about WW2 and they are the top 6 clubs of English football, yet look at their last few decades (and more in some clubs cases).

Size of club, its history and size of its support means nothing when it comes to the here and now. It’s all about how the club is run.

I wouldn’t say Everton are a disgrace, but they aren’t well run. They’ve probably invested more into their team than Spurs but they hardly ever have the right manager in place and don’t appear to have a long term plan. But they’re still better run than Sunderland and Wednesday have been, and than City were for a few decades.

They should be careful what they wish for at Everton though. Their board did get the right man in place only a few years ago (Ancelotti), it wasn’t their fault he left. They could get a new boardroom in and they could be even worse than the current lot, you never know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.