Everton Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The allegations are mainly that we overstated income and understated costs in our published, audited accounts. This effectively constitutes criminality when done on purpose to obtain a benefit, such as the ability to spend more under FFP. It is extremely difficult to prove in this case though. They are also alleging that we breached FFP, presumably if the accounts were adjusted for the things they think are mis-stated. So if they can't prove the first, the alleged FFP breaches fall away.
I'm not necessarily sure that's the case. There are presumably accounting practices that are completely legal when publishing a company's accounts (e.g. charging one part of the company for services delivered by another part of the company) that are still not permissible when producing accounts for the purposes of FFP.

Everyone should at the end of a transfer period be able to calculate where they will be financially at an arbitrary point in time until the next transfer window. The conditions are clear. So there isn't really any excuse IMHO. I don't think the timing matters much mate.

It seems clear to me that the clubs need an active monitoring process like La Liga, instead of the retroactive punishment system we've got now.

La Liga takes the accounts before each season and allocates an allowed amount of spending on wages and transfer fees combined. You have to prove your new signing fits into that before they can be registered.

It seems clear to me that the clubs need an active monitoring process like La Liga, instead of the retroactive punishment system we've got now.

La Liga takes the accounts before each season and allocates an allowed amount of spending on wages and transfer fees combined. You have to prove your new signing fits into that before they can be registered.

Exactly, the whole process is selective and completely unfair on the main party affected, the supporters.

I'm not necessarily sure that's the case. There are presumably accounting practices that are completely legal when publishing a company's accounts (e.g. charging one part of the company for services delivered by another part of the company) that are still not permissible when producing accounts for the purposes of FFP.

Absolutely. But, in this case, the alleged breaches clearly refer to not complying with the rule to provide published, audited accounts that give a true and fair view, as well as rules that reflect the accusations from UEFA in 2019 so I think we can assume the implications are the same.

It's not even a bad thing for the club, imho. It will undoubtedly be used by our lawyers to raise the cogency of evidence required from the PL to a level that they cannot possibly reach. All imho, of course.

Agreed, that's a much better system for domestic leagues which can oversee registrations. If it is done properly at every national level, UEFA wouldn't need rules at their level. Count me in :)

How fair and how well qualified those at La Liga are to decide every clubs expenditure plans. I'm sure the PL could work this even better if they attracted Gill and Parry to supervise it. What is needed is no meddling at all from these people who seem to do little more than confirm the position of the traditional powers. Is it of any significance that the club which is threatening the duopoly in Spain is actually a member of the CFG?

How fair and how well qualified those at La Liga are to decide every clubs expenditure plans. I'm sure the PL could work this even better if they attracted Gill and Parry to supervise it. What is needed is no meddling at all from these people who seem to do little more than confirm the position of the traditional powers. Is it of any significance that the club which is threatening the duopoly in Spain is actually a member of the CFG?

Sorry, what do Girona have to do with rules agreed on by all clubs in Spain and brought in 10 years ago?

Can the conspiracy cranks put down the meth pipe for 2 minutes and stop derailing every conversation on here? Fucking Parry and Gill? Go back to 2010 if you want to row about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.