Everton Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me it seems like the pl just randomly chooses which clubs to investigate. Red tops dont seem to be investigated with a fine tooth comb.

This whole business stinks and is supported by our bent press/media. I mean why the fuck was the bbc reporting on this from the Etihad ?
If occasionally they do have to investigate the red shirt clubs, the transgressions are played down rather than sensationalised and the “punishment“ is minor.

I thought we are fighting them because its not a psr breach if it was a psr breach that would be easily provable because the figures would be right there in our accounts and we would be punished accordingly, what they are accusing us of is falsifying our accounts so we didnt preach psr rules or ffp or whatever you want to call it this week and therefore they are basically accusing us of fraud which is entirely more serious, this is what the press seem to be completely oblivious too and why they will go into meltdown when nothing happens.

The allegations are mainly that we overstated income and understated costs in our published, audited accounts. This effectively constitutes criminality when done on purpose to obtain a benefit, such as the ability to spend more under FFP. It is extremely difficult to prove in this case though. They are also alleging that we breached FFP, presumably if the accounts were adjusted for the things they think are mis-stated. So if they can't prove the first, the alleged FFP breaches fall away.

They are never gonna go after the red clubs because our media try and hold them in such high regard...............

The allegations are mainly that we overstated income and understated costs in our published, audited accounts. This effectively constitutes criminality when done on purpose to obtain a benefit, such as the ability to spend more under FFP. It is extremely difficult to prove in this case though. They are also alleging that we breached FFP, presumably if the accounts were adjusted for the things they think are mis-stated. So if they can't prove the first, the alleged FFP breaches fall away.
thats what i thought, they are alleging fraud on a massive scale not a psr or ffp breach and as i have said from day one, IF they have the evidence that they are claiming why have they not gone to the FCA and the police with it.

thats what i thought, they are alleging fraud on a massive scale not a psr or ffp breach and as i have said from day one, IF they have the evidence that they are claiming why have they not gone to the FCA and the police with it.

I get your point but there is no duty to report fraud if not in a regulated industry.

Also, to be clear, they are alleging FFP breaches, presumably if the alleged incorrect accounts are corrected.

I get your point but there is no duty to report fraud if not in a regulated industry.

Also, to be clear, they are alleging FFP breaches, presumably if the alleged incorrect accounts are corrected.
is football not a regulated industry? How odd that an unregulated body should be allowed to influence 20 separate entities with regards to how they run their business from a financial standpoint.

And this is why City are taking the allegations against them so seriously. Prudence suggests you fight charges as if you are going to get the ultimate punishment. If you don't in any walk of life you will be, well, buggered, basically.

And that is why the City case is taking so long. Shame more people in the press haven't got the intellect to see that.
Yep, not transparency in the process at all, so why would you ever trust it to be fair? The punishment handed out to Everton, whatever you think of it, was completely arbitrary and made up on a whim. And that's the problem. Where are the clear rules stating what the punishments should be for each transgression?

Everyone should at the end of a transfer period be able to calculate where they will be financially at an arbitrary point in time until the next transfer window. The conditions are clear. So there isn't really any excuse IMHO. I don't think the timing matters much mate.
Well it clearly did matter in this case, because had they stuck to the deadline and sold the player in the 22/23 reporting period, they would have been financially worse off, despite being better able to meet some arbitrary rule put in place by the authorities. In essence, they would be worse off, but be able to report that they were better off because the money happened to arrive this month instead of next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.