Everton Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really was the most stupendous confidence trick, wasn't it? You've got to hand it to them. The red clubs, Manchester United, Liverpool and, to a lesser extent, Arsenal, had got themselves into a position of perfect dominance. When the big, big money came into the game through television rights, merchandising, sponsorship — all on a worldwide scale this time — they got a head start that could never be competed with. They invented the big money. Not us! We just took it to another level. They saw no reason why it shouldn't go on for ever and ever. Just as, basically, the Real Madrid-Barcelona tandem, the Milan clubs/Juventus consortium, the Bayern/Dortmund (occasionally) tandem will go on for ever and ever. (Bayer Leverkusen are refreshing, but I'm convinced this is basically the Bundesliga's Leicester season…).
Then when Chelsea came along, they thought, “Whoa, that wasn't in the script!”
And I'm going to admit something that I'm not proud of. I didn't get it. I didn't get it at all. I was one of those who were outraged by what Chelsea were doing. We all voted (many of us, anyway), for our continued enslavement. We, City, were the last across the drawbridge (and they're now trying to throw us over the castle walls into the moat — good luck with that!).
The penny is gradually dropping, I think. I hope.

Reputedly around the billion mark.

WHAT ???

Everton would not be worth £1billion if they sold up right now, How can the EPL allow clubs to run up such debts

If the creditors call in the debt where would that leave the club fans, None League clubs are being run far better than some Premier League clubs, This can not keep happening and FFP should be making rules to control clubs and owners from spending, Even put them under financial crisis team to sort the mess out before a penny is spent

The whole thing is becoming a farce but there definitely is in my opinion ulterior motives behind all this with forest as well and Leicester and supposedly villa and Newcastle close to being hit,it’s not just about certain clubs being protected it’s something else on top of that .

Maybe the money in the game is moving to another market? Before that happens they need to weaken and kill this one.

Possibly good point..

Italy were big then Spain were big and then we were the recipients, the other 2 leagues have been mired in corruption charges for decades and those charges have genuinely damaged the brands of their respective leagues.

Now the drip drip of allegations against clubs and betting scandals mixed with government interference all this shit sticks, but it doesn't really matter because the people running the game will still be well paid by the people who own it.

The whole thing is becoming a farce but there definitely is in my opinion ulterior motives behind all this with forest as well and Leicester and supposedly villa and Newcastle close to being hit,it’s not just about certain clubs being protected it’s something else on top of that .
Stefan says he doesn't know how Bournemouth and Fulham aren't involved in someway
That's half the league just to catch city wow

They only have themselves to blame they had there choices and chose the wrong team. Fuck em.

What is the size of the debt at Everton and who is the money owed to

It's so easy to fix the trouble in football and in the Premier League make clubs clear any debt owed before allowing them to spend, Clear debt and there will be no need to deduct points or hand out fines,
No idea mate. Club has been run into the ground. No idea if we even have a board at this moment? Truly shocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.