Everton Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clubs spending all that money on transfers when the NHS is short of nurses, it’s a disgrace. City should pay for the nurses, if they’re so rich. And another thing…..

I didn't say that did I

I was talking about all the clubs in debt and still overspending, Only in football can you have a business that is 2 times the amount in debt than the value of the club, United is over £1.5billion in debt and making losses again

I didn't say that did I

I was talking about all the clubs in debt and still overspending, Only in football can you have a business that is 2 times the amount in debt than the value of the club, United is over £1.5billion in debt and making losses again
Er… it was a joke about those people saying stuff like this. The clue was in the last three words.

Jason Burt in the Telegraph this morning lambasts the PL for the shambles surrounding their laughable attempts at manipulating the outcome to the season regardless of what takes place on the pitch. He goes as far as to say 'it's being made up as they go along!'. This would be a perfect match for the arbitration of the game because we see, week in and week out, game in and game out, that there is a staggering variation in the application of the laws of the game and would leave any specator thinking it was 'being made up as they go along'!

How can the Premier League allow Everton and other clubs to be in such a mess, Somebody is to blame and not doing their job properly in allowing £1billion to be put in debt over a club valued at £500million

Jason Burt in the Telegraph this morning lambasts the PL for the shambles surrounding their laughable attempts at manipulating the outcome to the season regardless of what takes place on the pitch. He goes as far as to say 'it's being made up as they go along!'. This would be a perfect match for the arbitration of the game because we see, week in and week out, game in and game out, that there is a staggering variation in the application of the laws of the game and would leave any specator thinking it was 'being made up as they go along'!
Don’t tell @domalino

Why would I (or anyone with an intact brain) give a shit what Jason Burt thinks?

If anything, being on the opposite side of an argument to a twat like Burt has only reinforced my thoughts on this. Journalists (and a lot of fans) being far too easily influenced by people at clubs like Everton, who deliberately broke the rules, lied about it, delayed as much as possible so they escaped relegation, and are now saying "You can't punish us in the manner we all agreed because we might not be able to cheat our way out of relegation this time!!!".

How can the Premier League allow Everton and other clubs to be in such a mess, Somebody is to blame and not doing their job properly in allowing £1billion to be put in debt over a club valued at £500million

Yeah, that somebody is Everton's boardroom.

Surely if the banks are happy to load this and Everton are happy the pay the load of what's the problem ?

Only a problem when the bank calls the load in or Everton start to miss payments

Why would I (or anyone with an intact brain) give a shit what Jason Burt thinks?

If anything, being on the opposite side of an argument to a twat like Burt has only reinforced my thoughts on this. Journalists (and a lot of fans) being far too easily influenced by people at clubs like Everton, who deliberately broke the rules, lied about it, delayed as much as possible so they escaped relegation, and are now saying "You can't punish us in the manner we all agreed because we might not be able to cheat our way out of relegation this time!!!".
It’s called a joke, dom.

Surely if the banks are happy to load this and Everton are happy the pay the load of what's the problem ?

Only a problem when the bank calls the load in or Everton start to miss payments

Simply they used to call it asset stripping, Loans taken against the ground or training ground or future ticket sales
But Everton doesn't have asset enough to to recoup the money back, The club is valued at around £500million and that is only if they stay up,

Manchester City was also In all sorts of mess in the late 1990s and early 2000s because the club was asset-stripping
and Loaned up to the eyeballs in debt, But way before the Abu Dhabi takeover over City had to sort their house out and get back on an even keel and it took a lot of hard work by David Bernstein, Then Thaksin Shinawatra bought the club and again the club was close to financial mess again and he had to sell up

Like you say if the banks are happy to loan money then who am I to say otherwise, I will say one thing ? If one of the bigger clubs goes under and banks and owners call in the debt owed to them it will be like a pack of cards built into a pyramid they will all fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.