Everton Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been away a few days, but us winning 2 games on the trot, within 4 days, scoring goals, still in a cup and out of relegation .. well, it is too much to take in. I needed to lie down.

Been away a few days, but us winning 2 games on the trot, within 4 days, scoring goals, still in a cup and out of relegation .. well, it is too much to take in. I needed to lie down.
Surely not even EFC can fuck up the weekend's fixture - Luton at home! Gotta be a hat trick for that new lad, and another for Dirty Dom!

I think if Everton went down it would do them a world of good in the longer term. They could shift the deadwood and the ones who aren't wanting to play for them, free up some money and allow them to bring in young players with passion and drive.

There's no reason that with a decent manager and a few decent signings they could really push up the table, but you get the feeling the back-office stuff is really holding them back. They've made a lot - way too many - bad signings.

I think if Everton went down it would do them a world of good in the longer term. They could shift the deadwood and the ones who aren't wanting to play for them, free up some money and allow them to bring in young players with passion and drive.

There's no reason that with a decent manager and a few decent signings they could really push up the table, but you get the feeling the back-office stuff is really holding them back. They've made a lot - way too many - bad signings.
There have been very few instances of relegation providing a reboot. Nowadays, making decent signings in the Championship who could cut it in the PL is growing more unlikely. In any case Everton could not afford them, their finances are shot. The incoming investor will enable them to finish the new ground but that is probably the limit.
If I were a blue scouser, I would prefer not to be relegated, thank you.
PS EDIT
I have looked at some clubs where 777 have taken a stake. Fans not happy with poor recruitment and poor performance. The co founder of this equity fund has been accused of fraud and has a drug conviction.
Vasco de Gama owned by 777 have missed transfer payments. Still in default.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.