Everton Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hubby and I were genuinely gobsmacked they escaped YET AGAIN last season. At half time on the last day of the season they were DOWN. If Bournemouth (?) had just scored ONE GOAL they were down.

Jammy bastards is right.
Jam can only be spread thinly for so long. Eventually, you'll run out of it. How many close shaves have they had in the last decade; 3 or 4?

I'd define "close shave" as being in danger of going down entering the last 5 or 6 games of the season, by the way.

My hubby and I were genuinely gobsmacked they escaped YET AGAIN last season. At half time on the last day of the season they were DOWN. If Bournemouth (?) had just scored ONE GOAL they were down.

Jammy bastards is right.
Booo (but true)

I hope they sort it out whether they are relegated or not. They were totally screwed by Heysel. They looked after my family once when my son's were mascots for City many many years ago. Real club.

Despite being a Red I really do not want them to go down.
However, this year really is going to be a test for them with the saving grace being that there are Luton & Sheff Utd that are even worse. I think the hope being that there is one other team that are as bad to allow Everton to just stay up.
New owners are vital and then January transfer window will be a test to see if any of their players get picked off by other teams.

Big big problems at the club and not just on the pitch.. The 777 deal if successful sounds like nothing more than a 20 million deal to pay debt, push on the stadium project. From years ago when Robert Earl did more or less the same thing, the club haven't learnt. Any club that spends 80% of it's income on players wages is going to falter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.