Everton Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said before that I don't think he's read much about this other than via the worst chancers in the media.

He very clearly didn't read the CAS report. Hasn't read the more balanced summaries of how and why things will work the way they do, or what actually happened at CAS.
Maybe he can’t read…

A longstanding servant of the club who lived and breathed Everton, sadly mistreated by feral fans.

Will those same fans who abused and intimidated him turn up insincerely and pay their respects when there's a minute's silence/applause?
Sadly, when he told lies about the fans via the headlock that clearly never happened, then the board is under threat and cannot attend Goodison due to police advice over safety fears, only for the police to say they have heard nothing from the club about any threat? It was these things that made people decide that enough is enough. I would worry about any fan base that never got angry after things like this had been said by its chairman.

Bill was a massive Everton fan, no doubt about that. He did well at first for the club, but he should have left a long time ago. He cannot take all the blame as the club is rotten inside. So many have made money from this club for nothing. The running of the club has been beyond insane, utter madness. We have become a complete joke. We should have been ripped apart, binned everyone involved, and started again. Yet we just carried on becoming more and more rancid.

I love this club and I will support it even if we were playing non-league. We sell out every game at home straight away. We sell out our away allocation straight away, even though we are utter gash on and off the field. Not sure how many other clubs would have fans back them when it gets so shoite, but we still do. I remember City going two leagues down and the fans were still turning out for the team. I always admired that. Sunderland do it, Newcastle did it, yet how many of the so called big clubs fans would do it? And that is why those lies hurt us, because we knew it was crap being spouted and it hurt.

From all accounts Bill was a decent guy. He did a lot of charity work and helped a lot of people. He funded my friends bands album in the 80s as he believed in them. He loved Everton, he should have departed when Moshiri bought in. Maybe it was his love of the club that made him want to keep being a part somehow? But those lies hurt the fans.

I wanted him gone, I did for the past few years. But I would never have wanted this to be the outcome for him. He was a blue like the rest of us, so I hope he will rest well in peace.

By the way... the media...could not wait 24 hours after Bill's death was announced before they start crying that we need points deducted. The same people cry arsing that Everton fans treated Bill badly?

As for Spitty Carragher ...Oh do fuck off (please forgive my French Bluemoon)

Sadly, when he told lies about the fans via the headlock that clearly never happened, then the board is under threat and cannot attend Goodison due to police advice over safety fears, only for the police to say they have heard nothing from the club about any threat? It was these things that made people decide that enough is enough. I would worry about any fan base that never got angry after things like this had been said by its chairman.

Bill was a massive Everton fan, no doubt about that. He did well at first for the club, but he should have left a long time ago. He cannot take all the blame as the club is rotten inside. So many have made money from this club for nothing. The running of the club has been beyond insane, utter madness. We have become a complete joke. We should have been ripped apart, binned everyone involved, and started again. Yet we just carried on becoming more and more rancid.

I love this club and I will support it even if we were playing non-league. We sell out every game at home straight away. We sell out our away allocation straight away, even though we are utter gash on and off the field. Not sure how many other clubs would have fans back them when it gets so shoite, but we still do. I remember City going two leagues down and the fans were still turning out for the team. I always admired that. Sunderland do it, Newcastle did it, yet how many of the so called big clubs fans would do it? And that is why those lies hurt us, because we knew it was crap being spouted and it hurt.

From all accounts Bill was a decent guy. He did a lot of charity work and helped a lot of people. He funded my friends bands album in the 80s as he believed in them. He loved Everton, he should have departed when Moshiri bought in. Maybe it was his love of the club that made him want to keep being a part somehow? But those lies hurt the fans.

I wanted him gone, I did for the past few years. But I would never have wanted this to be the outcome for him. He was a blue like the rest of us, so I hope he will rest well in peace.

By the way... the media...could not wait 24 hours after Bill's death was announced before they start crying that we need points deducted. The same people cry arsing that Everton fans treated Bill badly?

As for Spitty Carragher ...Oh do fuck off (please forgive my French Bluemoon)
Very good post. Just one small quibble. Newcastle, despite being a one club city, had some very poor crowds in the second div, especially just before Keegan went there. I remember one gate of less than 15,000. We had some poor attendances in certain cup games but the league matches were well attended. Our first game in div 3 was a sell out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.