Everton Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not start this "it sets a precedent purely so they can do us" story. This has nothing to do with city and the premier league aren't punishing everton to make it easier to come for us it's as stupid of an argument as those comparing the two completely separate cases.

Question that needs to be asked is everton will have been fully aware they were on course to fail ffp so why did they not just look to sell somebody in the window to cover the near £20 million overspend? One sale prevents this.

Look im not sitying here and saying we have done nothing wrong but there are mitigating factors.

1. We took a huge loss on an expensive player due to a police investigation. Not the clubs fault.

2. We had sponsorship deals lined up that fell through due to the Ukraine war and sanctions.

3. We used our own money to put towards a new stadium instead of taking out a loan with interest.

I get that point 2 you could say well this can happen to anyone but nobody expected the invasion.

Unlike the FL, the PL has no guidance or rules in place for a breach of P&S. It sets a precedent as they have just made up the punishment on the spot with a note that due to a billionaire owner, only a points deduction is punishment. So if our owner wasnt a billionaire, a fine would have done it?

How can you enforce a punishment when there are no guidelines for the punishment.

Also we have been punished more than teams who go into Administration.

Leicester were relegated due to the fraud Brendan Rodgers, he was ok for 2 years (FA Cup win but also bottled UCL spots twice in a row) missed out on Champions League money both years, mediocre for his 3rd year, and final year was abismal. Last year we should have have been competing for Top 6, not struggling to stay up. So I don't blame Everton, HOWEVER if we are speaking technically, since we were 18th and only got relegated because Everton won their final match. Additionaly, we didn't sign any new players in the 22/23 summer window for FFP reasons. Then its definitely fair we recieve that £100m to help us on our journey to playing champagne football next season in the Premier League.

A final point, Everton are very lucky they are given a 10 point deduction in the year that the 3 promoted sides are the worst we've ever seen, absolute dross. Everton are not even bottom of the table now, neither will they be relegated due to how dreadful Luton et al. are
You have been royally shafted, Everton have dodged a headshot and taken a bullet in the arm

Apparently one of the issues is that we put our own money towards stadium costs, instead of taking out a loan and incurring big interest fees. Shocking
Insane but if I was an Evertonian I would be happy that the punishment (justified or not) has been applied in a season where escape from relegation is more likely than not. One thing is for certain - it will motivate the fans and (hopefully) the players and could be a catalyst for change for the better.

City have been charged with offences that amount to parking and speed fines, some of the offences were before PL FFP and so are not FFP breaches
Everton have been charged with murder
That's the difference
Everton spend beyond their means funded by an oligarch they claimed that the losses are due to Covid yet are far in excess of what other clubs claimed including those relegated last season they willa rgue if they had overspent by the same amount they may have not been relegated
City charges look very petty, not replying to email questions,inconclusive replies, bad pun-ctuation and grammar

Jack Walker was white and English is the reason in my opinion
No, the reason is there was no such thing as FFP and therefore no reason to (allegedly) over inflate sponsorship, nor any reason to investigate Blackburn for profit and sustainability breaches, because such things didn't fucking exist. I despair on here sometimes, I really do.

Bizarrely, Blackburns financial plight post Walker is exactly the sort of thing FFP was originally intended to prevent, before the legislation was "corrupted to protect the interests of the top clubs"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.