Everton Thread | 2024/25

They need to stay up this season as they have to move to the new ground as a PL side. - That has been my thinking for some time and reflects my views on City prior to our move.
However, football fans are an odd bunch and good marketing coupled with natural curiosity could help fill the new ground if they they go down but get a good start in the Championship. The PL parachute payments coupled with increased gate receipts should give them a huge financial advantage unless the stadium debt eats all the additional cash. - They could be screwed if they are relying on PL broadcast income to make final payments into next season.
If Luton and Ipswich can be promoted then Everton should find a way back.

I said it on last season’s Everton thread and was proved wrong, but this season they will go down if they don’t get rid of Dyche. He’s a football dinosaur and should be managing in League One or lower where he belongs. As for him criticising Everton fans, after what they’ve had to put up with in recent years, I think he’s got bloody nerve (or a death wish)

I'm no big fan of dyche but the truth is we were shit before he came and have been for decades. The players are generally of a very poor standard and like the saying goes " you can't polish a turd". For seasons we have been lacking in creative players and not had anyone who can score.
For 3 years now we have faced relegation and have survived generally because there has always been 3 worse teams than us. Any manager in charge of Everton will look at the lack of pace and ability and decide to set a team up to defend , and try to nick a goal if possible. Truth is from a managerial point of view who would Everton attract. We have to become more stable as a club in order to attract better than we currently have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.