Everton Thread | 2024/25

Agree re Maupay and if you watch Pickford and others they just strolled past him. Most of the other fans appear to be just ignoring him. I get his frustration and it won't get better on or off the field. Fans are fickle and a few points or a cup run and it'll all be forgotten

The fan comes across as a right twat, the players should have all give him both barrels IMHO.

They simply need to get there heads down and get on with it ............i know its not been a great start but both Brighton and Spurs are hardly relegation fodder

Agree re Maupay and if you watch Pickford and others they just strolled past him. Most of the other fans appear to be just ignoring him. I get his frustration and it won't get better on or off the field. Fans are fickle and a few points or a cup run and it'll all be forgotten

There's always one or two fans who go a bit over the top. It's frustration and as fans you rarely get a chance to confront players or officials of the club so it can get heated when you do. At the ground people are worried about getting ejected so reign it in a bit.

There's always one or two fans who go a bit over the top. It's frustration and as fans you rarely get a chance to confront players or officials of the club so it can get heated when you do. At the ground people are worried about getting ejected so reign it in a bit.

Maupay inviting people to imagine a job in which it's virtually normal to get abuse. Well, hundreds and hundreds of teachers in difficult inner city schools get absolute dog's abuse on a weekly, sometimes on a daily basis. I have been friends with such teachers. My daughter-in-law is one such teacher.
Tales of being threatened with knives, while rare, are also part of their experience.
So no, it's not hard to imagine what Maupay invites us to imagine at all. They're on the front line, doing a job that is vital to the structure of society. Now I love football, have done all my life, but I wouldn't make that claim for it in a month of Sundays.
So no, I'm afraid my heart doesn't bleed for footballers taking flak on a station platform, even if I wouldn't think of doing it, and think it's a bit of a ****'s trick by Everton fans. There is, also, the little matter of comparing the earnings, if that makes any sense, of a professional footballer in the Premier League, and any teacher in a difficult primary or secondary school (and I have it on good authority that the kids are starting to talk in primary schools exactly the way it's been going on in (some) secondary schools for years).

Last edited:
Maupay inviting people to imagine a job in which it's virtually normal to get abuse. Well, hundreds and hundreds of teachers in difficult inner city schools get absolute dog's abuse on a weekly, sometimes on a daily basis. I have been friends with such teachers. My daughter-in-law is one such teacher.
Tales of being threatened with knives, while rare, are also part of their experience.
So no, it's not hard to imagine what Maupay invites us to imagine at all. They're on the front line, doing a job that is vital to the structure of society. Now I love football, have done all my life, but I wouldn't make that claim for it in a monith of Sundays.
So no, I'm afraid my heart doesn't bleed for footballers taking flak on a station platform, even if I wouldn't think of doing it, and think it's a bit of a ****'s trick by Everton fans. There is, also, the little matter of comparing the earnings, if that makes any sense, of a professional footballer in the Premier League, and any teacher in a difficult primary or secondary school (and I have it on good authority that the kids are starting to talk in primary schools exactly the way it's been going on in (some) secondary schools for years).

I'm not sure why I'm quoted in a bit of a rant about teachers facing abuse.

Maupay is a **** and his attitude for an average footballer stinks. For me wankers like him are what's wrong with the game. I'm amazed he didn't wave some £50 notes at the Everton fans.

I'm not sure why I'm quoted in a bit of a rant about teachers facing abuse.

Maupay is a **** and his attitude for an average footballer stinks. For me wankers like him are what's wrong with the game. I'm amazed he didn't wave some £50 notes at the Everton fans.

Basically, we're not disagreeing, mate. I'm just a bit amazed by the crust of Maupay apparently making out that footballers — the poor things — are unique in being in this downtrodden position. It irritated me that it was quoted approvingly as a headline on the beeb sports section, too.

Fuck me these lightweights should've been following City at certain times of our shittyness under Swales & Franny :-

Malicious demos on the forecourt.
Boardroom windows smashed.
Team minibus 'ambushed'
Dressing room invaded.
Fans invading the pitch.
Sit in's.
Attendances increasing !!
The mad world of City.

Basically, we're not disagreeing, mate. I'm just a bit amazed by the crust of Maupay apparently making out that footballers — the poor things — are unique in being in this downtrodden position. It irritated me that it was quoted approvingly as a headline on the beeb sports section, too.

Everybody who is in a job dealing with the public cops it at some point, myself included when I worked. Footballers aren't unique in facing that.
I haven't read what Maupay has said but if emotional fans are having a pop at your performances smirking and having a pop back isn't a wise move.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.