Everton turn on the 'Moyesiah'

maine-road-ali said:
shackattack said:
moyes would never go newcastle,poisoned chalice of a job, at least he knows where he stands at everton.as for bitterness from evertonians to city fans,not much respect coming the other way to be fair.
blame moyes an everton fans for that as well. comments he made after lescot deal an city becoming wealthy. some of the shite you lot spouted out at the time was unbelievable.

moyes made an arse of himself over lescott, he was childish and a hypocrite, however everton are a good club with a lot of decent fans, some city fans looking down on other clubs is rather embarressing but you always get a few without any sense of perspective

vincent said:
buzzer1 said:
Somehow i doubt it Vince andhe had some fine players at Inter and despite what anyone says, it was a weakened league, am taking fuk all away from Bob before anyone starts, but to compare Bobs maybe success with us to Gollums no trophys with them is totally unfair. For what it's worth i dislike Moyes but one things for sure, i'd have him in the trench anyday.

PS, he owes Cahill a gold clock for the work he has done since being at the club, talk about a one man band, top grade that boy.

I don't know mate, Cahill has a great goal scoring record but take that away he looks pretty average to me.

Onion bag and goals scored for me Vin, he has that nak, you know, like a fkin Snake, riddling and scavvin' and never knows when he's beat, you can't buy that and they got him for about 2mil, yes, Moyes and Cahill have kept them going for the last few years thats for sure.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
City are a bigger club now, that's not being arrogant now but I think Everton are just falling behind without the real investment they'd need.

If they haven't seen the overall improvement with us under Mancini then they haven't watched a lot of our matches I don't think, and to compare Moyes and Mancini is ludicrous, though I think Moyes has done a super job there and Everton should be grateful.

Everton are one of the few clubs(on recent history) who can do the double over us, I don't think they are better than us on a 38 game season, but they seem to get up more for this game.

I don't care for Everton, they seem to have a complex because of Lescott for no good reason and I think it's time to move on, we're 12 points ahead of them at the moment, I think that's a good lead so early in the season.

there is so many things that defines the size of a club and current league position and bank balance is pretty low down on it, not much between us in my opnion, we will need to win several trophys before we could even start to think we are bigger

hilts said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
City are a bigger club now, that's not being arrogant now but I think Everton are just falling behind without the real investment they'd need.

If they haven't seen the overall improvement with us under Mancini then they haven't watched a lot of our matches I don't think, and to compare Moyes and Mancini is ludicrous, though I think Moyes has done a super job there and Everton should be grateful.

Everton are one of the few clubs(on recent history) who can do the double over us, I don't think they are better than us on a 38 game season, but they seem to get up more for this game.

I don't care for Everton, they seem to have a complex because of Lescott for no good reason and I think it's time to move on, we're 12 points ahead of them at the moment, I think that's a good lead so early in the season.

there is so many things that defines the size of a club and current league position and bank balance is pretty low down on it, not much between us in my opnion, we will need to win several trophys before we could even start to think we are bigger
bigger stadium, bigger fanbase(imo, and ever growing), better manager, better players, in europe, etc. it's not all down to trophies.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
hilts said:
bigger stadium, bigger fanbase(imo, and ever growing), better manager, better players, in europe, etc. it's not all down to trophies.

all very recent though fella, you need to look at the whole picture and sometimes even then it isnt possible to compare, for instance would everton,rags,arsenal,liverpool,spurs and villa get the support we did after winning nothing for over 30 years and being in division 3?, no one knows

under keegan and robson newcastle had all what you mentioned but in my opnion it didnt make them bigger than say us,spurs,everton and villa

Sometimes things just get stale at a club when a manager like Moyes has been there so long. I have no doubt he'd have jumped ship a long time ago if he'd had a better offer. I suspect he's getting tired of being stuck at a club which, no offence, is unlikely to be able to match his ambitions of challenging at the top level. He's treading water there.

Unfortunately for Moyes, I can't really see one of the top clubs taking him on.

I can't beleive people are saying Forest are a big club. They were a small club before Clough and went back to being a small club after Clough.

hilts said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

all very recent though fella, you need to look at the whole picture and sometimes even then it isnt possible to compare, for instance would everton,rags,arsenal,liverpool,spurs and villa get the support we did after winning nothing for over 30 years and being in division 3?, no one knows

under keegan and robson newcastle had all what you mentioned but in my opnion it didnt make them bigger than say us,spurs,everton and villa

I agree, however we can only look at what is currently fact. Just looking at the work going on around the ground today when I was down there, the deals, building work, sponsorships, players, stadiums, owner, we're big time now, we're not there yet but I think we're different to 90s Newcastle.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
hilts said:

I agree, however we can only look at what is currently fact. Just looking at the work going on around the ground today when I was down there, the deals, building work, sponsorships, players, stadiums, owner, we're big time now, we're not there yet but I think we're different to 90s Newcastle.

i think fans judge things depending on how long they have been watching the game, i started in the late seventies so judge teams on the last 30 years(not good for a city fan) but standings of clubs can change over time as until recently chelsea wouldnt get a look in in terms of the top ten clubs in the country, for city to move up my list they need to win a few trophies over the next few years.

At the moment i would say there are six or seven clubs bigger than us although i have always liked not supporting one of the really big boys as it gives a sense of identity, the future does look good though baring any typical city fuck ups

hilts said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

i think fans judge things depending on how long they have been watching the game, i started in the late seventies so judge teams on the last 30 years(not good for a city fan) but standings of clubs can change over time as until recently chelsea wouldnt get a look in in terms of the top ten clubs in the country, for city to move up my list they need to win a few trophies over the next few years.

At the moment i would say there are six or seven clubs bigger than us although i have always liked not supporting one of the really big boys as it gives a sense of identity, the future does look good though baring any typical city fuck ups

see I don't buy this trophy lark. Everton, Villa, Spurs(bar that Carling Cup) have won fuck all of any note for years between them, so any trophies they have won between now and 1976 don't really make them bigger than us, you have to consistently be winning trophies year in, year out over a sustained spell for trophies for that to make any impact imo. I see us all as being pretty even on that front, even if we have won a couple less. I think in every other department we are bigger than Villa or Everton now, and even with Spurs on a lot of them, a couple are in their favour but hopefully on the pitch winning trophies most seasons we will move ahead of them too in stature, and in 20/30 years be in the top few biggest and most famous clubs in the world, once the success becomes ingrained it would happen, like United, even though their success has been so recent, whereas Chelsea haven't quite nailed it, so just don't have as big a stature.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.