Everton turn on the 'Moyesiah'

SWP's back said:
LCBblue said:
tehe.png

Agreed, are Leeds and nott forest big clubs due to their history?

Yeah.

Being a big club isn't just about history.

They are both big clubs.

mcfcliam said:
LCBblue said:
Where are these facts from? I can't see how they attract the majority of fans from Lancashire, especially not in recent times? Though I could be wrong.

Everton rarely come close to selling out their home games, which with good reason, also leads me to believe that they have fair weather fans who come when the going's good. Although, the statistics say that even when the going was good, they still rarely sold out.

Wikipedia...yeah, there are places in Lancashire what are near Merseyside.

We hardly sell out at home either.

Incorrect and we have a far larger stadium. Plus we fill it more often, av attendance 46,300, to a max of 47,200 says we do ok.

Try and post better, lcblue will show you how.

were city a big club when you not so long ago languished in the lower divisions? of course you were, so by same logic so are leeds, forest etc..its not just about current status, most fans stand by there team no matter what- its what makes city different to united you stay loyal because you should, the glory and success is great if it happens but if not you still support them. in fact i reckon my best times as a fan are watching the lows. and having watched everton for 40 plus years i know what they are like

SWP's back said:
mcfcliam said:
Wikipedia...yeah, there are places in Lancashire what are near Merseyside.

We hardly sell out at home either.

Incorrect and we have a far larger stadium. Plus we fill it more often, av attendance 46,300, to a max of 47,200 says we do ok.

Try and post better, lcblue will show you how.

That doesn't mean we always fill it.

It's all about opinions and I never said Everton were bigger, I said they weren't a small club.

You're the worst poster on here by a country mile...all you do is big mouth other posters when you disagree with them.

Everton have decent support but I was surprised they had a gate of only 30k for a home premier league game earlier this season - pretty poor.

standupefc said:
We're always here I don't like Moyesbut he's no better or worse than Mancini or Hughes. I'd like to see him go at the end of the season but it's highly unlikely. Hopefully we can beat you in a few weeks then you'll know the true definition of gloating. But lets be honest City can't exactly talk about managers. Hughes spend millions and got nowhere and I doubt Mancini will win anything at City. Yes Everton are pretty shit I'm not deluded but really neither of us have very good managers.

Mate, with hardly any wonga i think he has done a fantastic job, great positions in the league and a cup final, plus euro leagues as well, i think you would be crazy to want the guy out. Yes i know that some places go stale and need a shake up when you aint winning pots but ffs, what do you want at all?<br /><br />-- Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:04 pm --<br /><br />
shackattack said:
were city a big club when you not so long ago languished in the lower divisions? of course you were, so by same logic so are leeds, forest etc..its not just about current status, most fans stand by there team no matter what- its what makes city different to united you stay loyal because you should, the glory and success is great if it happens but if not you still support them. in fact i reckon my best times as a fan are watching the lows. and having watched everton for 40 plus years i know what they are like

Were you responsible for the recent Sharm-El-Sheik incidents?

Didn't take long for this to degnerate into the usual 'we're bigger, we take more away' bullshit. For what it's worth I'd put Everton and Man City as about even when it comes to size of club, in the same bracket as Spurs, Villa and probably Leeds, with Newcastle and Forest probably in there too. If Man City really make the most of their owner then I'm sure within 5-10 years you'll be a bigger club than us.

Not that it really matters, we're stuck with where we are at the moment, I can't honestly remember a time when I've felt more disillusioned with football, we're going nowhere and will just bounce around until we get relegated probably. I've no issue with Moyes, fantastic manager and he's been brilliant for us but there's no more he can do. Sad state of affairs at the moment, even when the redshite are at their lowest we're still behind them.

These threads about Everton are becoming tiresome. Are you all fcking ten years old or something?

Lets just remember we have won fck all for longer than most on here can remember. Slagging other clubs and there managers before any of our managers have achieved even a cup final is a bit much.

LCBblue said:

Where are these facts from? I can't see how they attract the majority of fans from Lancashire, especially not in recent times? Though I could be wrong.

Everton rarely come close to selling out their home games, which with good reason, also leads me to believe that they have fair weather fans who come when the going's good. Although, the statistics say that even when the going was good, they still rarely sold out.

Am sure they had 13k for a top flight game in about 1983,poss against Coventry, just before they came good and the next thing they had mid 50s,.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.