Everton V City Post Match Thread

citymad said:
pml79 said:
We need to stop giving free kicks around our box its happening to many times and can we start takin inswingin corners please .

Totally agreed. Pellers needs to work on that. Its coming back to bite us a few times lately.

Yup, this drives me nuts. That was their 7th needless free kick around our box and I said to the bloke next to me this was too many and they were bound to get lucky eventually, then boom. Apart from that thought we bossed the game and apart from some poor finishing could have won it.

poh said:
Disappointing to lost the 2 points,but not a disaster,move on and thrash the aresenal and give Maureen's moaners a good fucking hiding.

simples.png

These are the problems ive felt wit our corners.

1:our starting position,all our big players are in the six yard box and to get a shot away from that you need an inch perfect ball and be lucky at the same time ,hardly any of our big players start from the edge of the area and you need players to be starting from that position if you will end up taking to many out swingers ,

2:Most of the times were going for the near post,and every one goes for the same ball,either everyone is ready for a near post header or the far post,their doesnt seem to be consistency with our positioning .

HART

Made one rick that went unpunished as Naismith had strayed offside, but his dash out for the equaliser was reminiscent of his bad days last season 5

ZABALETA

Quite magnificent tackle on Lukaku and pass launched City's counter-attack that led to Fernandinho's goal, and he had a fine game all round 8

DEMICHELIS

Composure personified in the face of some sporadically intense Everton attacking, and he had to be as Mangala fell apart 7

MANGALA

Given a horrendous time by Lukaku, regularly beaten by a stronger, faster opponent – amazing he stayed on with Kompany on the bench 4

CLICHY

Faced the attacking threat of Coleman well, but was not his usual attacking self with City crying out for width on left 6

FERNANDO

Some smart interventions, but ruined that a little by giving the ball away too cheaply at first – but his passing gradually improved 6

FERNANDINHO

Right place at he right time for the goal, and he deserved it for a bright, enterprising midfield display – he is not Yaya, but only one man is! 7

NAVAS

Usual story of his pace unsettling the opposition, but too often the cross, or the shot, didn't find its target. Always involved. 6

SILVA

Quite brilliant at times, even with Barry sticking close, but some of those around him were not able to capitalise on the chancs he made 8

NASRI

Always looking to create and deliver, but this was one of those games where his best work never seemed to amount to anything 6

JOVETIC

Plenty of lively link play around the box, but he fell down when it came to shooting, or the final ball to a colleague and the substitution was inevitable 6

Muen ratings.............

mancity1 said:
Look at this way maybe

47 points from 21 games this year , 47 from 21 last year.

Chelsea 3 points better off at the same time last year with two additions that have made a big difference to their line up so when push to comes shove they are not the dominate force that most think they are.

We have more upside than they do.

A lot think we dropped two points today because our finishing wasn't clinical which is true but if we fall short this year its defensive lapses that will be the difference.

Only letting them score so soon after we took the lead was the downer from today.

They hit the bar and Hart made two good saves and that was about it from them but even that was too much for us not too hold on.

More often than not the best defence wins the title and which all the injuries we have had as opposed to Chelsea its little wonder we are behind them but only two points at this juncture I will take that for now.

A good post

jimmygrimblesboots said:
Is that 14 games unbeaten ? You wouldnt think so with some of the moaners on here , weve got Barcelona in the champs league , favourites for the last 16 in the FA Cup , within 2 pts of the Premeirship lead , and a £30m centre forward ready to sign on the dotted line , and very nearly a full fit squad , its really shit supporting City.

i know they have the nerve to go on about an agenda.. The moaners are the agenda...

Hart made a mistake for the Everton goal.. our finishing was not up to scratch.. Everton worked hard Worth a Point .

we are two Points up on them this season.. ( the pen at home was never a pen) get 6 Point from our next two games..and its back in our hands..

citymad said:
christen at St Marks said:
Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
What did he do that was "great"?!

He's wank. A winger that can't cross.

Yeh but he's really good at getting corners from them and we know how great he is at taking them

Shame some of you can't see the other aspects of game today. Thought he was excellent with the ball today and not giving it away. Always involved, the only problem was that extra touch he took before crossing other than he looked dangerous thought.

I agree he is a winger and that is the worst part of his game

Still lots to be pleased about. No-one mentioning that Chelsea have had all their important players available for just about every league match whereas some of ours, Silva, VK, Kun have had spells out injured and will be fresher towards the end of the season. If chelsea lose guys like Costa/Fabregas then they may struggle for a spell plus with some many of their key players playing most weeks, they're bound to get a bit knackered.
Personally, I hope they go as far as they can in the CL, FA Cup and League Cup....the more they have to play the better towards the end of the season when things get congested. They are bound to lose one or two key players for a spell.
As for today....disappointing that we worked so hard to get in front and then lost the lead quickly but a point there is not too bad, they certainly won't finish in the league where they are now.
We were 8 points behind not so long ago, have lost key players for longer spells but somehow have pulled that back to only 2 points and now have those key players back and ready for action.
Only downside for me today is that Jovetic is starting to look like he's not going to be the player I hoped he would be, and I think MP and the backroom staff think that too...hence him being hauled off after just an hour last week and today. Talented guy but is he playing to our strengths?
Chins up blues.

MOTM anyone ?
For me it was Merlin. The commentators simply couldn't say enough about him.He was brilliant today, shame he wasn't on a winning team.

some other very good performers today: mangala, hart, DM, Zabba, Clichy, Nasri, F and F, Jovetic and Navas.

Frustrating result, but the battle is far from over, a lot more games to come, yes we didn't click in front of goal today, but considering the upheaval with our strikers during this last month, getting a point from Goddison wasn't to bad.....................

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.