Everton V City Post Match Thread

All in all an away point at Everton is an acceptable result, and fourteen games unbeaten is nothing to be scoffed at. We we're let down by Hart, I know he made one brilliant save, but in all fairness, that's what he's paid to do. He really needs to concentrate on catching the ball, seems to have been intensively coached to punch it... Which I don't understand. punching needs to be in his armoury but I might not suggest as the first option every time.

I'm afraid Navas is simply not good enought. A great player but not good enough for this first eleven. We'd be better off bringing him on at about 70 minutes when there are tired legs to be exploited. We can't keep carrying him, his decision making is inept and finishing woeful and quite frankly has been for the whole of this season- let's just use him as a utility player..... please Manuel.

We totally controlled the midfield and played some exquisite football at times and we showed great shape going forward.

Mangala will improve and it's great to think we will, albeit without Yaya next week, be at full strength.

Remain positive blues! Chelsea are no better than us IMO.

blueinsa said:
homerdog said:
blueinsa said:
Like ragcafe on here if we dont win every game ffs.

This player shit, that player wank etc etc etc.

Not a fucking clue some of those spouting, not a fucking clue and very very short memories!

Do you think Navas is a good crosser of the ball then?

I think he flatters to decieve if im being honest but today he was part of a side that got a point away, in atrocious conditions at Everton.

We sit 2nd in the league with everything to play for yet its moan fucking moan every week.

Fuck its so bad on here it even goes on after a convincing win these days!

Can't be bothered reading the whole thread but seen enough to know that there is lots of overreaction and plenty of nonsense being spouted.

Obviously it is always disappointing to drop points and the manner in which we conceded was very frustrating. We did not mark well on the free kick and we really have to learn to lock things down more effectively. What really cost us today was woeful shooting; at least Aguero got some game time and hopefully that will help towards getting him sharp.

No Aguero, Yaya and Kompany in the starting line-up is not helpful; especially Yaya, although we did frequently move the ball quickly.

If we don't win the league it won't be down to this result that's for sure. Disappointed yes but more so with the burnley result and the like. Good point in the end. Mistakes happen. Learn from them and move on. No fit strikers bad conditions home team lifted their game. Credit to them. Let's go again next week. Can't wait.

pml79 said:
We need to stop giving free kicks around our box its happening to many times and can we start takin inswingin corners please .

Totally agreed. Pellers needs to work on that. Its coming back to bite us a few times lately.

pml79to many said:
We need to stop giving free kicks around our box its happening times and can we start takin inswingin corners please .

This and only this.

blueinsa said:
homerdog said:
Do you think Navas is a good crosser of the ball then?

I think he flatters to decieve if im being honest but today he was part of a side that got a point away, in atrocious conditions at Everton.

I can see why he's getting a lot of game time; he works really hard and tracks back, gets in good positions, etc. It's just that his final ball is so disappointing! Towards the end of the game he got the ball in a great position, and there were about 4 attackers in the middle, but his cross didn't beat the first defender...

Bluemanc100 said:
chicagoblues said:
Bluemanc100 said:
Page 3.... Crap subs and Nasri strolled off like we were winning
What do you expect when our manager sends in a defender with two or three minutes remaining ? It is understood Pelle was happy with just a point but you still manage to take a dig at Nasri .

Did Nasri stroll off? Maybe he put Kolarov on to drill some balls in?!

His defending of late has been debateable and I prefer him going forward instead

Regardless, a sub with 2 mins of OT remaining is farcical
Yup...MAYBE!!

You cant blame Managala for everything

The reason we conceded the goal was due to poor marking from Fernandinho. Naismith was left unmarked !!. If you watch the replay of the goal Fernandinho was standing next to Naismith and then just let him have a free run for the header, criminal! and then he sticks his hand up to plead offside because he knows he f**ked it up.

Joe didn't cover himself in glory either, but the marking was shambolic !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.