Everton v City post match

Pellegrini was hampered by the unfair 'FFP' rules - aimed at us in particular. He was not able to sign the best in the way SM anticipated. He was signing the sort of players the top eight could sign.

I guess folks here do not realize the value of Pelle.

He got us a championship and had to work with the handicap of being a lame duck coach half the season - if you look at it from that perspective Pep cost us last season. This season Pep needs to introduce his system. Do not think we have the right players to fit his system so maybe another season to get the right players. So three/four year project and maybe we will challenge to be PL champions.

He got us a championship and had to work with the handicap of being a lame duck coach half the season - if you look at it from that perspective Pep cost us last season. This season Pep needs to introduce his system. Do not think we have the right players to fit his system so maybe another season to get the right players. So three/four year project and maybe we will challenge to be PL champions.
Only Silva naturally plays the Pep way - a bit like the Spain of four years ago. KDB and Sergio are playing a style that doesn't come naturally. KDB's natural style is to have the freedom to take up positions (a roving but disciplined role). Sergio likes someone to lay the ball off to him in the box. No-one laying it off. No-one on the move dragging defenders out to create space for Sergio.

Time to look for Agueros replacement, the last few games he is either not fit or has no interest. Just my opinion, I know he's been, and is a City legend but he doesn't seem to be the same player.

Or perhaps the manager should play to his strengths (such as play through the middle), instead of asking him to play anywhere but the middle of the pitch?

Do you think Aguero would have dillie dallied like Sterling did for the penalty that should have been given?

Bullshit! It was Pelle (along with the Spanish Duo) who began the process of dismantling a solid team with a great winning mentality, into a wide open at the back, toothless tippy tappy team.

Bullshit! It was Pelle (along with the Spanish Duo) who began the process of dismantling a solid team with a great winning mentality, into a wide open at the back, toothless tippy tappy team.

I'm no great fan of Pellers but he did make the semi finals of the Champions League and we ended up in the top four in his last season, do you reckon Pep will do that this season?

We should have been 2/3 - 0 up (Silva & Sterling need to improve in front of goal). Especially in 2nd half I thought Yaya and Zab we're overrun in midfield, while Fernandinho is banned I'd even be glad if Fernando returns from injury to sit in front of the back four vs Spurs otherwise I fear we may get tonked!!!

Would Joe Hart have saved any of those today, I dunno? But Bravo just doesn't look like he fancies it to me!!!

Call me old fashioned, would just like to see CBs staying in their positions instead of charging up the pitch, we're fragile enough at the back without defenders leaving huge gaps!!!

Apart from one or two moments Aguero was pants & he's either coming wide or deep TOO MUCH to get involved, we need a proper no.9.... Not a no.9 that wants to be a no.10

Silva epitomises us when we don't punish teams, neat and tidy, keeps the ball but often no end product. Yaya imo would be more productive than Silva in an advanced position but we're so short of CMs I understand he's being asked to sit.

Very dissapointing, not for the first time some of our players showed they're on the slide!!

Too soft, shit keeper in Bravo and shit defender in Otamendi, could go on but still shocked !

I'm no great fan of Pellers but he did make the semi finals of the Champions League and we ended up in the top four in his last season, do you reckon Pep will do that this season?

I've always predicted a top 4 for this season and I'm still desperately clinging to that belief (despite all evidence suggesting otherwise).

As for the Chumps League, it's anyone's guess what will happen during the knockout rounds.

In any case reaching the semi-finals of the Chumps League was rather pointless, considering how we pussied out of taking on Real Madrid (especially at home for the first leg).

For me that was the true legacy of Pellegrini, a great opportunity to take the club forward under his reign, but ultimately failed abysmally and instead took us backwards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.