Everton v City post match

According to The Times it's the fourth time in seven games we've conceded a goal to the first shot we've faced.

On the positive yesterday I thought we were moving the ball a bit quicker in the first half - there were a lot of one touch passes, not all sideways; I'm pretty sure if we had scored first we would have gone on to win.

What seems to happen is when we concede we then seem to lose confidence in this one touch, swift pass and move, and either panic or just become a lot sloppier and make mistakes.

The fundamental for me remains an issue of lack of belief and strength of character and leadership on the field. Maybe an injection of more fearless youth (Sane and Jesus) might be a boost - but youth on its own isn't the answer (look at Kelechi's struggles) so we must make sure we are buying players as much for their attitude and belief as for their technical skills. Either without the other is a luxury we cannot afford at this stage of our evolution.

Remember when Pep took charge and stated that we will be playing possession football (ie. if the opposition don't have the ball then they won't be able to score ethos). Well, that theory is looking a bit shit right now - even with 90% possession we would no doubt still concede a couple.
Our team is good enough (who can say that any one Everton player would get in our team?) just that, right now, I'm not convinced we have the right manager in charge.
Whatever happened to quick build-up play, just too much fannying around with backwards and sideways passes. Surely that stems from the manager?
Absolutely no excuses, and there really should be no need for us to panic buy in this window. Sort it out Pep.

Totally agree bee- it's the reason why this is my last season as a ST holder , disconnected call it what you like and to be fair it's why I'm ranting on here a lot these days- I've fallen out of love with the game, it's all about the money now- when City have 4/5 homegrowns in the team then it will reignite.

No passion anymore lady.
What do you keep putting "Lady" at the end of stuff, have you a form of Tourette's ?

I've never been happier to have missed a City game.

My opinion is Pep needs to pull his finger out of his arse and get on with sorting the defence. His Bravo decision was fucking shite, and continuously rotating the back 4 whilst taking too long to realise what we all knew, in that the full backs and particularly left backs are fucking wank, is costing us big time.

Pep has to shoulder some of the blame, he watched us before he joined, so how we haven't strengthened at the back is a fucking disgrace.

This was my one and only away game for the season. Thankfully my 670m loyalty points weren't enough and haven't been enough for a couple of seasons. Unfortunately, whilst hammering away at this keyboard last night I just happened to look up and saw every goal on the news.

I think Pep has woefully underestimated the character and nature of the PL. He has left me with the impression that with the individual quality of the team he thought he might roll over some lesser blessed squads. There's too much money at stake for teams to dropout of the PL. They will fight tooth and nail to get a point that might mean inclusion next season. Too many teams have caused us problems this season with just ordinary striking options. I haven't counted but I suspect we have made as many chances as we did in the title winning seasons but have converted a lot less.

Remember when Pep took charge and stated that we will be playing possession football (ie. if the opposition don't have the ball then they won't be able to score ethos). Well, that theory is looking a bit shit right now - even with 90% possession we would no doubt still concede a couple.
Our team is good enough (who can say that any one Everton player would get in our team?) just that, right now, I'm not convinced we have the right manager in charge.
Whatever happened to quick build-up play, just too much fannying around with backwards and sideways passes. Surely that stems from the manager?
Absolutely no excuses, and there really should be no need for us to panic buy in this window. Sort it out Pep.

He's absolutely right with that one - trouble is that we too often give the bloody ball away when there's no pressure, and it's clear that, like most footballing teams who like to play on the ground, we are pretty useless when defending hoofball! We concede from the most innocuous of opposition moves. Looking at some of the goals yesterday our defence was like the proverbial sheep shit in a field - all over the place.

I think City try to be too perfect and walk the ball into the net. I saw it in our last game, and it was the same yesterday, only yesterday Everton had a bit more bottle, probably because of the fearless nature of our youngsters who will never forget the day. You had a few changes and maybe were a bit indecisive, certainly Sterling and Silva spring to mind. Sané who caused us so many problems last time didn't play. Good tactics from Koeman who's had a bit of stick but we've been decent for 6-8 games now after a bad patch. I don't do gloating, so only popped in to wish you luck for the season, and all the best.

Fair comment. Great team effort from your guys, especially the young lads, and none more than Tom Davies. It frustrates me that we haven't brought through this type of player from our own academy (yet). We'd rather go out and spend £30m+ on young talent that someone else has unearthed, then use them as a disposable asset. The only youngster we did use yesterday - Nacho - looked lost and bewildered.

Anyway, good luck to you for the season.

Every good team is build on a solid defence, I bet we'll be able to concede against a pub team and the manager doesn't know how to fix it. There is still time to save the season, bring back Mancini and forget about this Barca copycat project that doesn't work.

Every good team is build on a solid defence, I bet we'll be able to concede against a pub team and the manager doesn't know how to fix it. There is still time to save the season, bring back Mancini and forget about this Barca copycat project that doesn't work.
Try looking to future the past has gone

According to The Times it's the fourth time in seven games we've conceded a goal to the first shot we've faced.

On the positive yesterday I thought we were moving the ball a bit quicker in the first half - there were a lot of one touch passes, not all sideways; I'm pretty sure if we had scored first we would have gone on to win.

What seems to happen is when we concede we then seem to lose confidence in this one touch, swift pass and move, and either panic or just become a lot sloppier and make mistakes.

The fundamental for me remains an issue of lack of belief and strength of character and leadership on the field. Maybe an injection of more fearless youth (Sane and Jesus) might be a boost - but youth on its own isn't the answer (look at Kelechi's struggles) so we must make sure we are buying players as much for their attitude and belief as for their technical skills. Either without the other is a luxury we cannot afford at this stage of our evolution.

I would be happy to see Sane, Jesus and Garcia being given games regularly now as we cannot have them going into next season still raw.
the pressure to finish top 4 will probably stop this happening though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.