Everton v City post match

Bravo, Stones, Clichy have showed enough that should make them un-selectable for any of the top 10 team in PL forget about one which has ambitions of topping league.

The second goal completely destroyed our confidence. We controlled the first half, and were unlucky to not be two goals up.
Why unlucky? Sterling who I might add was decent today, should have scored....he did not

Genuine question.

Would you get rid of Pep tonight if Mancini would come in tomorrow?

Yes.

As would anybody with half a brain.

Bob not only 'got' us as a club, but he surely 'got' what it takes to win in England.

Sometimes a manager just 'works' for a particular club. Bob did so for us. Sacking him was criminal in its stupidity. Criminal.

Probably about the 6th or so time we have been 3 or 4 down in the last 18 months I think.

14 of the last 22 shots on target have gone in. That's only 8 goals better than playing without a keeper. We'd be better off playing with 11 outfield players and just playing Fly Keeper.

I keep seeing on here comments like 'the flappers will be out' but in reality the 'flappers' have been expressing concern over problems that are becoming realer and realer as the weeks go by.

We have bought ridiculously badly but the worst thing is I'm not convinced in the slightest that we will put that right in the next few windows. We will no doubt continue to concentrate on the flavour of the month signings like Otamendi and Mangala both were or we will carry on blowing 40-50m on another young lad we could have had for 10m the year before. Or we will spend 30m on another keeper only to find out that he's also not as good as what we loaned out in August. It's a joke. We are not only losing games, but we are going 3 and 4 down to mediocre teams. We have somehow become both the biggest scalp and the softest touch and as a result teams find an extra 20% against us and as soon as a game gets away from us we become an even bigger shambles.

That's about as damning a stat in terms of where we're heading at the moment, as I've seen. Going 1-0 down in 14 of our last 22 games is another. For a side that's supposedly one of English football's elite, it's piss poor

There is a problem of playing players who are out the door in 6 months.

Today five of the seven players whose main responsibility was to defend already know they're gone in the summer.

And there's no captain on the field with the authority to bollock them.

If the management has plan for what comes next they better bring that forward or it will be the same until the end of the season.

No, there is no comparison between the two. Pep is far superior as both a manager and tactician. Mancini was what we needed at that time and he did great to teach us how to win. But we've moved on.

Take your point, but no way can you say Pep is far superior as a tactician. I can't for the life of me remember Mancini losing games by 4 goals like Leicester and today.

spending money doesnt guarantee success. pep has been in the job barely half a season, with a squad of players that are old and not to his style. give it some time.
Really though, whilst I see what you're saying, Pep should play in a way that suits his personnel. If the players don't fit the system and you can't change the players, he has to change the system!

We were so flat in that game today it was embarrassing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.