Everton v Manchester City |16th| Official Matchday Thread

Just got back from the game and had a few so may be talking shite. We were obviously poor and they wanted it more. However, they didn't score from open play - a non free kick and a soft penalty. AND I'M DEVASTATED.

Adebayor said:
so. . . . . 5 games in and we've seen huge improvements under Mancini, until tonight we'd won 4 games, conceded 1 goal and looked like champions

We will come back stronger than ever against utd, Viera will lead the way in the biggest debut imaginable.
you are delusional my friend
we have not seen four top performances before tonight, but we have had the rub of the green whilst being average
tonight was pitiful
and your last point re Viera is fingers crossed, star struck, lets make a wish, pie in the sky

squirtyflower said:
Adebayor said:
so. . . . . 5 games in and we've seen huge improvements under Mancini, until tonight we'd won 4 games, conceded 1 goal and looked like champions

We will come back stronger than ever against utd, Viera will lead the way in the biggest debut imaginable.
you are delusional my friend
we have not seen four top performances before tonight, but we have had the rub of the green whilst being average
tonight was pitiful
and your last point re Viera is fingers crossed, star struck, lets make a wish, pie in the sky

alright, so you're a cup half empty "realist" type then yeah? i know tonight was pitiful, but the other games, you're wrong. Yes we may not have been playing amazingly well, infact we've been playing averagely but with a very in-form striker, but the work rate, team defending as a unit, and grinding out wins with a clean sheet while at the same time having 8 first team players out injured actually shows that you're pretty naive. chelsea, utd, arsenal, liverpool, villa any team, you take 8 players out of their first team squad and they're fcuked, we've coped brilliantly. hense we have infact been playing like a top top team

Not here to brag, but we played superbly today and I only hope we can keep up this run of good performances and we'll be up there.

I'm still confident you lot will finish 4th, you better not let that Red Scum back in.

i see quite a few people here saying none of the everton team would get into the city team tbh is howard and given where in the same team i would pick howard, Given is world class and is in the top 10 goalkeepers in the world atm but howard is in top 5 imo.

jagielka last season and will be again when back soon was are best central defender much better than lesscot and any other city center back. baines is 100% the 2nd best left back in the country behind ashley cole. if bridge gets took to south africa ahead of baines then fabio capello needs a reality check. johnny heitinga is in amazing form atm and would also be picked ahead of any city defender with jag and baines. (also coleman next season will be a starter for everton and will be world class.)

Midfield arteta pienaar fellaini (and yes btw hes been Motm 4 out of are last 6 games) cahill, are hands down better than anyone city has in midfield. neville is prob the best captain in the country just him being on the pitch makes the team play 120% better. so i would pick him ahead of any city midfielder because he is so influential. Osman is amazing also and would get right into a city starting 11. Jack Rodwell injured atm one for the future city want to buy him. (50million hes yours) thats how highly we rate him. england capt for the future imo. and bilyaletdinov some russian national team mates compair him to pele, personally im not his biggest fan but this time last season i was the same about fellaini now look at him. hopfully bily will become a the same.

now heres where city maybe have a better place than everton. ade, tevez, rsc, belemy, robinho (Jo who is at us atm but i wouldint even put him in a deserves game you guys say robinho was a waste of money jo 18 million...) everton have Saha, Yak, Vaughy, victor. i think Saha and tevez would be the current inform strikers but with saha's injurys always poppin up i would have to say ade and tevez but saha fit is world class and would get into any starting 11 in the world imo (agard, baxter, jutkiewicz --- 3 youngsters who all look like they are going to be a handful for defences in a few years)

toffeetom said:
Not here to brag, but we played superbly today and I only hope we can keep up this run of good performances and we'll be up there.

I'm still confident you lot will finish 4th, you better not let that Red Scum back in.

cheers mate, yeah you were brilliant, shame we didn't give you a bit more of a match, but you would probably have beaten anyone today, Felaini was imense! was impressed with your whole midfield actually, they won everything.

still think that beating the poor teams is a good way to get into the top four as I don't see tottenham and liverpool doing it. league position is down to averages over 38.

comes back to the whole drawing too often argument. you can afford a flop every now and then if you pick up wins regularly. this wasn't even against a direct rival for the top four. hopefully it will serve as a lesson learned but I won't lose any sleep over the occasionall performance like this if we keep going at 2+ points per game.

bags of points up for grabs in the next 4 league games before the home games againt liverpool and tottenham.

well played everton, real quality and desire.

It seems like the game didn't pan out the way you lot expected. You shouldn't disrespect any side you don't see on a regular basis and get carried away with the fact you won a couple of games against teams near the bottom of the league. I think you guys can finish fourth but not with the current crop. Mancini is a better option than Hughes but i think he needs to bring in a couple of players before February or fourth (or 1st) will have to wait another year.

This quote caught my eye from a poster below "An early goal, should see an easy win against an average team."

I hope you can admit how much of that you got wrong. Everton were far superior in every department on the field. Absolutely gave you a hiding. The two headers that hit the bar could easily have given the game a more realistic scoreline had they gone in. It was 2-0 but felt like a 4-0.

Everton fan here came on your sight to see your thoughts on our team intresting, the poster said about Fellaini has been motm in about 5 of the last 6 games he has been our stand out player recently, Good luck Tuesday hope you beat United. We were surprised you could'nt sell out you allocation! thought you had a better following

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.