Everton v Manchester City |16th| Official Matchday Thread

just watch the media whores, it was Hughes team when we won, now we lost it will be Mancinis team!!

Hopefully Bobby will fire them up for Tuesday.

prima

on refection i think which ever combination of players available to bobby manc the result would be similar,Everton played like it was there cup final,fair play beaten by a better side onthe day.A full strength team would of struggled.the ref gave them the decisions but thats normal there.move on bigger game on tuesday.

Thought Garrido and Benjani both done ok and great that to see SWP back in action.
Got to respect the substituting of Robhino,at least the manager seems prepared to act upon his mistakes.
Sadly seems like Robhino just hasnt the physical scope for this league and RSC is just too fragile but we've still time to bring in re-inforcements and push for top 4 and good FA cup run.

Sabster said:
Lotuz said:
Fellaini was MOTM 4 times in his last 6 matches mate.
Even his own coach Moyes thinks Fellaini is the best midfielder in the PL, but yeah he'll probably knows f*** all and Fellaini is shit.
So shit, Chelsea are after him...

thats a lie - just chekced fantasy premier league only got 3 bonus points on one occasion this season and tbh if you think that fellaini would get into our team then your having a laugh
Muhahaha are you serious? Fellaini was their best player last year and is still by far their best player.

Everton wanted this more than we did. Mancini has done well so far but if he is half the manager that I think he is, he'll realise that the team that finished, is the the team that should have been picked from the start.

As soon as I saw the line-up, I knew that EFC's brand of 'Ave It' football would cause us problems. For a match like this Benjani & SWP should have definitely started with the fragile creatives (Robbi, Petrov & Santa Cruz) coming on later as impact subs.

I'm gutted by the defeat, but it's gone, it's history, now what I'm more interested in is how we react to it. This will give us a good indicator of life under Mancini. Was Mancini aware of the bad feeling between Gollum and all things sky blue?

There are always going to be days when we're outplayed but to be outfought and out muscled consistently all game is quite another thing, not the first time it's happened either and Mancini will have a good idea by now about which players he can trust to work hard and those that don't put the required effort in or don't have the heart for battle.
Successful sides obviously need talent ( which we have) but they also need players with heart and we lack that at times when things aren't going our way.
In cricket terms we could be classed as flat track bullies.
Hopefully tuesday night will show our better side.

For 20 mins we looked pretty comfortable to be honest.
Everton then pushed up, stopping us from playing out from the back and forcing us to lay the ball back to our keeper who would punt possesion to them.We needed the midfield to come and make themselves available but it did not happen enough and when it did they gave the ball away cheaply.Whilst we have been able to play this way against the likes of Blackburn, Stoke and Wolves but it was never going to work at Goodison.
To play this way against the likes of Everton we needed a much higher tempo and players who are comfortable on the ball under pressure.
We never got close today and you have to give Everton credit for doing to us what we did to Chelsea.
Fellani and Pienaar won the midfield scrap today handsdown.

We are not there yet and there is plenty of work still to do but we will need to remain patient as fans and not get carried away.
Season is still wide open and teams will continue to drop points all around us.
Keep the Faith.

Brave decision to take Robbie off. As the teachers say, a learning experience is a changing experience. But none the less chastening for all that. I'm confident that Mancini has learned a lot about his players tonight and we will see changes.

so. . . . . 5 games in and we've seen huge improvements under Mancini, until tonight we'd won 4 games, conceded 1 goal and looked like champions, but even champions have bad days, as chelsea, utd and arsenal have shown on many occasions this season.
Any team would have struggled against everton tonight, they were brilliant, but that doesn't excuse a poor performance from our city boys.
To be honest, i think we did have an eye on tuesday, no-one wants to miss the big semi, and maybe everyone wanted to be fully fit for the game too, and with only 3 days til the game they didn't want to be tired, but that's the wrong attitude.
Bellamy probably shouldn't have started, neither should roque, they should have been saved for utd, as roque now looks like he'll miss out, and bellamy is autamatically a doubt as he can't really play 2 games in quick succession. When roque got injured it should have been benjani coming on, but i can see mancini's thinking in playing robi as in the first 5 minutes it was all city, we were looking quick, and playing the ball along the ground very smoothly, so maybe he thought that style would suit him, but i would have gone for beji personally.
Mancini will get us fired up for the derby, not that the players will need it, they know what the derby means, and they have their own points to prove after the last one. This is a minor hiccup, this league is far too tight for that result to matter too much. We will come back stronger than ever against utd, Viera will lead the way in the biggest debut imaginable.

Come on city, don't let us down, CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.