Everton v Manchester City |16th| Official Matchday Thread

Mooncat03 said:
Interesting thread - half the lads are spot on and consider this to be a big game, a decent test for both sides, with the other half giving it whoppo about 'winning easy' yadda, yadda, yadda.

Sat'dee will be tough for you - we're playing well, getting a lot of our injured players back, the crowd will be bevvied and up for it....it really could go either way.

One point I'll make though is this myth that Everton are a big, physical long ball team....we certainly were a few years ago but we're proabably the smallest team in the premiership (only Fellaini and Howard will be over 6 foot on sat'dee) and really do play footy...with a midfield of Piennar, Osman and Bily there's no other way they can play.

Rememeber on sat'dee - you might not be able to see the game that well, there'll be murder at half time getting served and the whole day atmosphere will be dead hostile and busy, but isn't that the way it should be? Maine Road or Eastlands?

I'm happy at Goodison.Anyway, enjoy the day lids (not too much like)
Eastlands no contest. Looking forward to another great night versus Utd.

Bellamy shouldn't play, need him more on tuesday. Id like to see RSC and SWP return to the side, in place of Benjani and Bellers. I can't see Robbie starting, although im sure he will feature, on for Petrov in the second half. Vieira will probably also play. I read somewhere he was being transformed into a center back, which is odd, but not out of the question. Otherwise, play him to rest Barry/ De Jong.

-----------Given--------------
Zab--Richards--Kompany--Garrido
-------Vieira----De Jong-------
SWP--------Tevez------Petrov
-------------RSC---------------

Subs: Taylor, Boyata, De Jong, Bellamy, Robinho, Benjani, Weiss

Im going for 2-2

From OS just now

Stephen Ireland and Patrick Vieira will both be missing from City's midfield for the difficult Barclays Premier League trip to Everton tomorrow.

New manager Roberto Mancini knows that the visit to Goodison Park will be the toughest challenge yet to his 100 per cent record as Blues boss with four successive victories.

But playmaker Ireland, who has been ruled out for two weeks by a hamstring injury, will not be considered although he has a chance of playing in Tuesday's Carling Cup derby semi-final.

New signing Vieira, who arrived from Mancini's old club Inter Milan last week nursing a damaged calf, is now pencilled in for a possible debut at Scunthorpe in the FA Cup fourth round.

On the plus side, England Under-21 star Nedum Onuoha is back in full training and jostling for a place on the bench at Everton, with left-back Wayne Bridge on the verge of a return to training.

just said it on another thread, I'm very cool about this one, thursday is the biggie

look at the four league games after this. points galore. a draw here would not be anything to worry about if we get a win in the semi.

still, have to think if we play like the last two league games and just be a bit more co-ordinated between given and the back four, we can out do them by a distance.

save bellers and ireland for the semi. robbie would probably just be a target if he started, but he's got the sharpness back and could well turn them upside down (like he did last year), if he was introduced at the right moment.

maybe switch around the formation a bit, moyes will think he's got us pegged but there's more to us than that 4-4-2, but then again if swp starts that'll change things up nicely.

----------------given
zab - richards - kompany - garrido
---------de jong - barry
swp------------------------petrov
----------------tevez--------------
---------------benjinho-----------

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.