Everton v Manchester City |16th| Official Matchday Thread

bluel4 said:
Everton fan here came on your sight to see your thoughts on our team intresting, the poster said about Fellaini has been motm in about 5 of the last 6 games he has been our stand out player recently, Good luck Tuesday hope you beat United. We were surprised you could'nt sell out you allocation! thought you had a better following

i dont know if we sold out or not to be honest, i usually get to the games but had to give this one a miss, money is too tight at times. we have got 2 semi finals against the scum which are 41 quid a piece or thereabouts. there are 3 of us in our family, myself wife and daughter, we have our season tickets of course but the extra games since mid december have also had to be paid.
wolves
boro
scunthorpe
hull
united x 2
all this times 3 adults. we are also about to buy 3 stoke tickets and hopefully 3 carling cup final tickets, add that little lot up and you can see we just can't get to every game, its far too dear.

bizzbo said:
still think that beating the poor teams is a good way to get into the top four as I don't see tottenham and liverpool doing it. league position is down to averages over 38.

comes back to the whole drawing too often argument. you can afford a flop every now and then if you pick up wins regularly. this wasn't even against a direct rival for the top four. hopefully it will serve as a lesson learned but I won't lose any sleep over the occasionall performance like this if we keep going at 2+ points per game.

bags of points up for grabs in the next 4 league games before the home games againt liverpool and tottenham.

well played everton, real quality and desire.
i think liverpool have zero chance of 4th, tbh i think they will struggle to make top 6, spurs form wise are up and down, villa will maybe try but they will run out of steam, 4th is there for the taking, if mancini gets it right on the pitch,if he learns fast, its ok using the line up that was used at goodison against the lesser teams, if he gets it right against more robust teams 4th is easily there for the taking, iam a toffee who did post here a while ago and forgot my username password, and iam not here on a wind up, i did say at the start of the season id love the sky4 broken up , if we started thf season anything like the form we are in now it could have been possible, i also said if it wasnt us before villa,spurs id rather city take it an the redshite miss out as losing c.league money could be the start of major on and off the field problems. no cl and theres a real possibility the 2 man, sorry gerard looking an playing like he wants to be else were so 1 an a half man team could become a 0 man team if they dont get 4th, ladyboy and stevie g may have to be sold,a guy of 60 on the radio said that this was legit, if lfc arent in cl and gerard goes he will only go to 2 or 3 foreign teams the only other epl team he would go is city if theyre in cl. so far apart from our poor start what i wanted at the start of the season is doing ok, for the 2nd half i hope our form continues and the crazy man rafa continues his drawn out public nervous breakdown, the art of embarasing kopites and ends up out the top 8 and make a right bolox of lfc, gud luck to youse for top 4, id rather it was kept from spurs and melty redknap, and villa, and the fsw and the norweigans.

Not sure if I'm alone in this but I don't actually think Everton played all that well. We were simply awful which meant that even a competant display, which was what Everton gave, was enough to win. We lost 2-0, and those goals were a freekick and a penalty so hardly cutting us apart with superior play. Everton worked extremely hard for their result, don't get me wrong, but lets not confuse effort and workrate for skill and guile. Everton wanted it more and were willing to put in the effort required, something we didn't do. Talk of us being taught a footballing lesson and being "given a hiding" is pure bluster, all Everton did was take advantage of the lack of heart and battle that all City fans have known is missing from our side.

Warren B said:
bizzbo said:
still think that beating the poor teams is a good way to get into the top four as I don't see tottenham and liverpool doing it. league position is down to averages over 38.

comes back to the whole drawing too often argument. you can afford a flop every now and then if you pick up wins regularly. this wasn't even against a direct rival for the top four. hopefully it will serve as a lesson learned but I won't lose any sleep over the occasionall performance like this if we keep going at 2+ points per game.

bags of points up for grabs in the next 4 league games before the home games againt liverpool and tottenham.

well played everton, real quality and desire.
i think liverpool have zero chance of 4th, tbh i think they will struggle to make top 6, spurs form wise are up and down, villa will maybe try but they will run out of steam, 4th is there for the taking, if mancini gets it right on the pitch,if he learns fast, its ok using the line up that was used at goodison against the lesser teams, if he gets it right against more robust teams 4th is easily there for the taking, iam a toffee who did post here a while ago and forgot my username password, and iam not here on a wind up, i did say at the start of the season id love the sky4 broken up , if we started thf season anything like the form we are in now it could have been possible, i also said if it wasnt us before villa,spurs id rather city take it an the redshite miss out as losing c.league money could be the start of major on and off the field problems. no cl and theres a real possibility the 2 man, sorry gerard looking an playing like he wants to be else were so 1 an a half man team could become a 0 man team if they dont get 4th, ladyboy and stevie g may have to be sold,a guy of 60 on the radio said that this was legit, if lfc arent in cl and gerard goes he will only go to 2 or 3 foreign teams the only other epl team he would go is city if theyre in cl. so far apart from our poor start what i wanted at the start of the season is doing ok, for the 2nd half i hope our form continues and the crazy man rafa continues his drawn out public nervous breakdown, the art of embarasing kopites and ends up out the top 8 and make a right bolox of lfc, gud luck to youse for top 4, id rather it was kept from spurs and melty redknap, and villa, and the fsw and the norweigans.

the things you say in your 1st sentence, seem so confident that they're going to happen.
I think you will be in for a suprise

I’m putting it down to one of those days because not one player came out of it with any credit. How many passes went astray? How many times was possession so easily conceded? Move on, Rags next!

Matty said:
Not sure if I'm alone in this but I don't actually think Everton played all that well. We were simply awful which meant that even a competant display, which was what Everton gave, was enough to win. We lost 2-0, and those goals were a freekick and a penalty so hardly cutting us apart with superior play. Everton worked extremely hard for their result, don't get me wrong, but lets not confuse effort and workrate for skill and guile. Everton wanted it more and were willing to put in the effort required, something we didn't do. Talk of us being taught a footballing lesson and being "given a hiding" is pure bluster, all Everton did was take advantage of the lack of heart and battle that all City fans have known is missing from our side.

Matty there are some City supporters who gracefuully aknowledge that they got beat fair and square yesterday but you are one of those that try to gloss over it as tho it meant nothing to you, but deep down you are hurting and embarressed.
You thought you could come here with your multi million pound team and roll us over, hard luck Mate it didnt work out, and you know very well it wasnt a huff and puff desperate fight it was a clinical display of skill and guile not allowing you a sniff, some of your players are just not up for it mate You pay them too much and they're going soft.
You were well and truly beaten, just give credit and move on.

If someone would like to watch the match again, maby to see what went wrong, I found these links to download it:

<a class="postlink" href="http://asiaplatetv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://asiaplatetv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22</a>

licker said:
Matty said:

Matty there are some City supporters who gracefuully aknowledge that they got beat fair and square yesterday but you are one of those that try to gloss over it as tho it meant nothing to you, but deep down you are hurting and embarressed.
You thought you could come here with your multi million pound team and roll us over, hard luck Mate it didnt work out, and you know very well it wasnt a huff and puff desperate fight it was a clinical display of skill and guile not allowing you a sniff, some of your players are just not up for it mate You pay them too much and they're going soft.
You were well and truly beaten, just give credit and move on.

The fact you feel Everton displayed anything even resembling skill or guile yesterday just goes to emphasise how starved of those traits Everton have been this season. If you'd any clue what skill and guile actually looked like then you'd know there was none of it at Goodison last night. Everton worked very hard and battled for every single ball, they deserved the victory, but they didn't play a skillfull, attractive, expansive game of football.

At no point did I think we'd roll you over, if you can be bothered you will be able to look back through my posts and see I predicted we'd have a tough night and get a point. You'll also notice from my quoted post above, and this one, that I've acknowledged we got beat fair and square. You may not see this acknowledgement as "graceful" but if in order to be graceful I have to set my standards of play so low as to view what Everton delivered as skill and guile then I'm happy for you to feel I've lacked grace.

Matty said:
The fact you feel Everton displayed anything even resembling skill or guile yesterday just goes to emphasise how starved of those traits Everton have been this season. If you'd any clue what skill and guile actually looked like then you'd know there was none of it at Goodison last night. Everton worked very hard and battled for every single ball, they deserved the victory, but they didn't play a skillfull, attractive, expansive game of football.

At no point did I think we'd roll you over, if you can be bothered you will be able to look back through my posts and see I predicted we'd have a tough night and get a point. You'll also notice from my quoted post above, and this one, that I've acknowledged we got beat fair and square. You may not see this acknowledgement as "graceful" but if in order to be graceful I have to set my standards of play so low as to view what Everton delivered as skill and guile then I'm happy for you to feel I've lacked grace.

Great post. Everton were far from skillful yesterday, we simply werent there in mind...The only player of theirs that came close to showing guile was Fallaini. Barring that, they were mediocre at best and we were truly horrible. Credit where its due, they worked hard and fully deserved to win, but scoring from a freekick where the wall moves and a penalty that never should have been, is hardly impressive. We failed a test, and stumbled at a hurdle, the real test now is our reaction on Tuesday, a truly good manager will patch the holes and rectify our issues...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.