Everton Vs City Post Game Discussion thread

Re: That was a fukn disgrace tonight.

Hamann Pineapple said:
Watch the highlights. Howard makes a few saves. Moyes said it was Everton's best performance since he took over.

Refereeing decisions do change games, until it is outed, we will never win the league. Howard's foul on Lescott was a pen so was the foul on Aguero. Advantage played at the wrong time on several occasions by Walton tonight. I didn't see many go our way.We got easy yellows and they didn't. How you can't see this amazes me.

We dominated possession. Couple of players had an off night but we weren't as bad as some of you are making out.

This is pretty much spot on for me...their goal against run of play and just after a foul on dzeko

Cheadle Blue said:
Jumanji said:
Cheadle Blue said:
like him or not, there is no way he would have lost this game tonight
Eh...................................................

eh................what? in my opinion mourinho would have won that game tonight. don't get me wrong i want mancini to stay, im just stating my opinion if thats ok

I like bobby's suits and all, but Mourinho would whip the competition with the squad we have right now; can't even imagine what he would do with the squad bobby would like to have.

as i pointed out yesterday. if its a battle we are let down by a weak midfield four. in a battle you want de jong. maybe not as gifted as the others but wont get overpowered by feilani. everyone knows how everton play and we are just not strong enough in the centre. our creative players got kicked to submission and our new centre midfield pairing dont have the balls to mix it.

that said the whole team played poor tonight so no point singling anyone out.

still top. ill take that.

It's been a bad patch. We've played erratically for a few games. Tonight was poor. Various players going through bad patches. Captain banned. Yaya and Kolo away. Balo banned.

And we're still first.

We all need to calm down. ManUre are hardly setting the world on fire...

Yaya makes such a big difference, because he can dominate the middle of the field by himself. This allows Nasri to not have to come inside and instead provide width, and Silva to roam into more dangerous areas. While he is gone I think we need to just play 4-3-3:

Barry Milner
Nasri
Johnson Silva
Aguero

Not saying that I think Johnson is better than Dzeko, but I just don't see how Dzeko clicks with the rest of the offense. Not sure how good this Pizzaro guy is, but perhaps he could play in front of Barry and Milner with Nasri on the wing instead of Johnson.

Not read all of this thread so I don't know if this has been mentioned already...

Yes, City were poor tonight- plenty of possession but creating absolutely nothing, the referee was poor tonight playing to the crowd and yet again Sky were poor tonight.

Every time City are on tv these days (i.e. alot lately) there are co-comentators/studio analysts in support of the opposition. It's happened v Liverpool (several times), United, Spurs and Chelsea, and tonight was no exception with Joe Royle and his mates spouting his shit about how fantastic Everton and Moyles are despite their lack of resources. It makes me fucking sick

Blumooniac said:
Cheadle Blue said:
Blumooniac said:
Stand firm. Top of the league. Media scum will have a field day after tonight. Bitching won't help. We have to make the most of February's fixtures.

exactly so loosing tonight isn't a great start is it? they go to chelsea at weekend, and have a massive chance of beating them. so what are we relying on then? spurs to beat them?

if we can't perform on nights like tonight, we are going to chuck the fucking league away

Everton away is never an easy game for us, look at our Premiership record there. I agree we were off the pace tonight but I also think the usual hysterical over reactions are pointless. The next run of games are vital. if we spew them, I'll begin to worry.

i agree they are vital, my point is goodison is usually like a cauldron of bile spitting dippers, screaming for every decision, and players go into their shells a bit, but tonight was a real chance to get a win. it was like a morgue until they scored, they were even booing at times. just frustrated mate

We need to change a tactics or bring Tevez back to the squad ASAP! Tippy tappy have not been working since WBA away because of bans, Tevez and opposition realized how to defend.

Kolarov and Dzeko are not needed in current squad, they both should leave next summer. Or, attack down the flanks and provide few accurate crosses for big fella. It was very frustrating to watch us build the attack for couple of minutes, go around and lose the ball in the final third.

Second half, down 0-1, free kick on the right and instead of cross we choose to pass back all the way to Joe, damn!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.