Everton Vs City Post Game Discussion thread

Jumanji said:
Some of my thoughts:

- Only 2-3 counter attacks with pace (we could've had 15+ good counters). No surprise as Yaya started most of our counters.

- Not enough shots. Not even long shots. Everton showed by at least testing the keeper, you can get a deflection. I was pulling my hair out asking to shoot!!

- To much space between our strikers and midfield. Without Yaya, none of our players have been able to connect midfield to the strikers with a forward run. We need penetrative runs.

- Not enough service to our strikers without them dropping deep.

- Not enough attempted through balls from Silva, Nasri, etc.

- Dzeko (speaks for himself)

- Did Aguero play? I remember one brilliant ball from Silva to Aguero. He brought it down wonderfully, took one touch (shoot have shot - open space), but decided to take another and sent it wide. He needs to be quicker (and better) in his decision making.

- Barry should not have turned his back on the Gibson shot. No bollocks. It was very similar to De Jong v. Welbeck in the FA Cup.

- Too much like Arsenal of last year. Example, Barry runs to the box, instead of at least attempting to rifle it and test Howard, he passes the ball sideways hoping someone else will pass the ball into the back of the net.

-OR when we actually TRIED to shoot, we took too long to think about the shot, and they easily blocked them.

- Referee bottled it. But if you play well enough, you forget the referee was even at the match!!

Oh, and we need some fucking pace and crosses. Not at all knee-jerk but every match that goes by, I start to believe it more and more.

arsenalrob said:
Cheadle Blue said:
Jumanji said:
Eh...................................................

eh................what? in my opinion mourinho would have won that game tonight. don't get me wrong i want mancini to stay, im just stating my opinion if thats ok

Exactly.

His Chelsea team only lost once when they won the league.

I also don't think they were that a better team than you.

They had great wingers in Duff and Robben, but they never had a player like Silva or even Aguero.

in the prem you need to have quality and pace if you want to win the league, look at the teams that have won it, they all had that vital mix

We could have played all night and not scored. We are desperate for another striker and here's the thing-despite our best efforts we still own one of the best in the world!

Like it or not he who shall not be named will be a city player until the summer, surely it is in our and his best interests to sort this mess out get him playing for us again.

Would it be so bad to eat some humble pie if it meant winning the league>

I understand this won't be a popular view so insert abuse below!

Jumanji said:
From the OS:

A dejected Roberto Mancini accepted blame for City's disappointing loss at Everton.

In a frank admission, the City boss says he might not have prepared his team correctly ahead of what has been a difficult fixture for the Blues in recent years.

"I don't think we played a good game tonight," he said. "It is probably my fault because we may have prepared badly for this match. Maybe I didn't pay enough attention or perhaps I underestimated Everton.

"My players gave everything out on the pitch but I think we played a bad game on the night."

Though Mancini was clearly disappointed at losing to the Toffees for a third successive time at Goodison Park, he is now looking to get back to winning ways against Fulham on Saturday.

"We need to win our next game and there are just 15 matches remaining," he said.

"December and January have proved difficlut months for us because we lost some players through injury, suspension or international call-ups. We just weren't good enough this evening but the fact that Manchester United are on level points doesn't change anything because we expected them to win at home."

The equivalent of a managerial suicide note? Or clever thinking to get the players on his side?

Whatever it is, we can't have a repeat of this performance again this season.

Jumanji said:
From the OS:

A dejected Roberto Mancini accepted blame for City's disappointing loss at Everton.

In a frank admission, the City boss says he might not have prepared his team correctly ahead of what has been a difficult fixture for the Blues in recent years.

"I don't think we played a good game tonight," he said. "It is probably my fault because we may have prepared badly for this match. Maybe I didn't pay enough attention or perhaps I underestimated Everton.

"My players gave everything out on the pitch but I think we played a bad game on the night."

Though Mancini was clearly disappointed at losing to the Toffees for a third successive time at Goodison Park, he is now looking to get back to winning ways against Fulham on Saturday.

"We need to win our next game and there are just 15 matches remaining," he said.

"December and January have proved difficlut months for us because we lost some players through injury, suspension or international call-ups. We just weren't good enough this evening but the fact that Manchester United are on level points doesn't change anything because we expected them to win at home."

Paraphrased:

"We were fucking garbage tonight. Most of my players were shite and the refereeing was dismal. But I am not going to slag my players off in front of the media. I will be tearing them new arseholes in private."

arsenalrob said:
Cheadle Blue said:
Jumanji said:

eh................what? in my opinion mourinho would have won that game tonight. don't get me wrong i want mancini to stay, im just stating my opinion if thats ok

Exactly.

They had great wingers in Duff and Robben, but they never had a player like Silva or even Aguero.

mourinho would walk the league next year at city, he really would.

BUT you CANNOT sack mancini if he goes on to win it this season.

i like mancini but failure to win the league should cost him his job.

Re: That was a fukn disgrace tonight.

I'm really trying to shake off the old Man City pessimism but if anyone from Man City can honestly tell that they were up for the League Cup Semi Final (both legs) then they are talking rubbish.

What's worrying about these results is that the opposite team have wanted it more than us. It's rare seeing successful teams throughout europe lose in this fashion.

I can take losing against anyone. For instance United in the cup, second half they gave it all and got clapped off. Tonight was beyond belief. If we are to lose to these sides then i expect certain boxes to be ticked i.e testing the keeper, people giving 100% - Dzeko staying on the floor for the goal just about sums him up.

Mancini is running our of excuses now. Savic didn't feature, Kompany was back and bar Yaya Toure it was full strength.

arsenalrob said:
Cheadle Blue said:
Jumanji said:

Exactly.

I'd rather pull my fucking teeth out than have to watch a season of the absolute shite he served up with Chelsea. He's a classless arrogant twat, he'd suit your team if you were interested in anything other than turning a profit.

Re: PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Citysmith said:
Honestly. Some people on these forums need to man up.

There is no club in the country that would want to swap places with us and the fixtures we have left. That however is not good enough.

I'll tell you this, if the players were as jittery as some of the folks on the internet we would be screwed. We need to pull together, stop looking over the road and feeling inferior and step up to the plate as supporters.

We ARE good enough but must stick together like glue and give it the big FY to all other clubs and the media and get behind the team. Don't let the trash tabloids seperate us and let their media darlings conquer us.

We've got to have Balls of Steel and break the red tops hearts. Are you with me?... Let those glory hunting bastards who choose the easy route in life (By supporting a team based on successs) from Cornwall to Timbucktoo 'Take it, Take it, Take it'. The Blue Moon is still on a huge upward curve :o)

Re: PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm with you Walter.....

Seems too many spoilt football fans around here right now, they will grow up tomorrow morning.

Aren't you used to being beat? lol....

They were the better team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.